By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Opinions on Gamespot?

Mine are that htey have had one of the most biased reviews for the pS3 yet with the Ratchet and Clank Future Review it probably could have been a AAA game if the review was decent.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

Around the Network

I don't think they're incredibly biased, they just picked the wrong reviewer to review that particular game. Should try your best not to choose someone with no background in the genre and who hated all the previous games in the series.

I like their free media stuff, especially being able to download hi rez video, unlike the cheap bastards that are IGN.

Gamespots slip up with Kane & Lynch was enough for me to stop using the site when ever I can remember to .

They suck, and have proven they are complete 360 fanboys.

mM
Around the Network

Gamespot is still and always will be the most important review site on the net, for me. VanOrd is an excellent, if sometimes incorrect(aren't we all) reviewer who tends to share my tastes in gaming, and despite having some recent problems, games still need to have a good Gamespot and IGN review if they want to top the rankings, because many sites take their queues from those reviews.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Gamewho?

I like them, especially since they aren't just handing out 9.0+ to every game like IGN.

I do admire Gamespot still, they have some very good people working for them but ever since the Kane and Lynch thing, i've lost faith in the site completely.

And because Giantbomb.com is launching soon with everyone that i like from Gamespot.

leo-j said:
They suck, and have proven they are complete 360 fanboys.

How have they proven it?