By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Over 370,000 words recorded for Fable 2

thekitchensink said:
I really wonder just how big Fable 2 will be--could it be the first game Molyneux's ever made that lives up to its' promises? Black and White, Fable, and The Movies were all great games, but nowhere near the promises he made.

That said, I have great hopes for F2--especially after the 'you can compress something to one one-hundredth the size with little noticeable quality loss'. I really wonder what made him say that.

I know huh?

I'm loving the "10 times larger world" statement.  Even accounting for PR-overstatements, a world that is five or six times as large as Albion in Fable is going to be AMAZING!!!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

That would be 30-40 hours of speech!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Fable 2 still doesnt beat Oblivion.

Oblivion had 1000 talking NPCs.

60,000 lines of dialogue, over 50 hours spoken.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/20/tech/gamecore/main696763.shtml

Half the DVD space was taken up by dialogue.

http://www.rpgfan.com/previews/oblivion/index.html

But since we all know how incredibly good Oblivion was, this is good news about Fable 2.

so fable2 is going to be RPG of the year 2008???

@starcraft

Youll attract a lot more attention with this:

Sorry in advance for those who lost their lunch.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Which would be AWESOME!!!!!

Imagine the opportunities for story development and game immersion

@EaglesEye379

That is one sexy hunk of man-woman.

starcraft said:
NJ5 said:

Which would be AWESOME!!!!!

Imagine the opportunities for story development and game immersion

@EaglesEye379

That is one sexy hunk of man-woman.

I can see a change in your signature coming very soon...

You could call it the beasts of Fable 2 or something.

Tease.

In the latest dev diary (#6), Molyneux circles the word October which is a tease of a release date. In trailers and press events, a Holiday release is always stated. I personally hope its December as it will have to compete with Fallout 3 if its October, another large scaled RPG. It definitely cant be November alongside Gears 2, Banjo and Left4Dead.

Im looking forward to the story and dialogue as Im new to Fable franchise. I just hope the dialogue is not going to be droning on for too long though.... koffMGS4koff

They showed a quick character trailer a few days back. It looks like Molyneux is making a real effort to put characters in that will have a small yet measurable impact on you're Fable 2 experience. He also said that depending on how you play the game, it's possible you wont meet ALL the characters.

starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
I really wonder just how big Fable 2 will be--could it be the first game Molyneux's ever made that lives up to its' promises? Black and White, Fable, and The Movies were all great games, but nowhere near the promises he made.

That said, I have great hopes for F2--especially after the 'you can compress something to one one-hundredth the size with little noticeable quality loss'. I really wonder what made him say that.

I know huh?

I'm loving the "10 times larger world" statement. Even accounting for PR-overstatements, a world that is five or six times as large as Albion in Fable is going to be AMAZING!!!

Or it could be empty , or full of hundreds of mindless NPCs :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!