By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony the 'Greenest' of them all...

If anyone really thinks any company, government or 99.99% of families/individuals really care about the environment then you are being nieve.

They care first and foremost about profit and what they can get for themselves.

Being green is one of the big bullshit stories of our time and is only implimented when it's a very easy thing to do, doesn't intefere with profit and doesn't intefere with how the individual wants to live their lives.

Around the Network

Sigh.

This has been posted before, the only reason Nintendo has a score of 0 is because they didn't take part, which to be honest should not have resulted in a score of 0, Greenpeace should have left them out (perhaps mentioning they didn't take part but not giving them a score. Most of it os based on any hazardous materials used in their electronics, so does not taking part mean I should no longer inhale to strongly near my Wii?

That said I think Sony are doing pretty good, I think they are the only ones of the three with a recycling policy.

MontanaHatchet said:
Aj_habfan said:
Yea, uhh, who gives a fuck.

The fucking earth. You know, the one that spawned us and allows us to sit here and play videogames.

Nah, that doesn't do it for me.

ROFLOL...

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

TWRoO said:
Sigh.

This has been posted before, the only reason Nintendo has a score of 0 is because they didn't take part, which to be honest should not have resulted in a score of 0, Greenpeace should have left them out (perhaps mentioning they didn't take part but not giving them a score. Most of it os based on any hazardous materials used in their electronics, so does not taking part mean I should no longer inhale to strongly near my Wii?

That said I think Sony are doing pretty good, I think they are the only ones of the three with a recycling policy.

Of course it's been posted before. Relating to the survey:

"The guide was first started in August 2006 and is now in its eighth edition."

As for Nintendo:

"She said the campaign group had regularly contacted the games firm since 2007 but had not had any response. In the end it had been forced to use information from Nintendo's website, she said."

"That's great, as that must be why they have lost $3.3 bln in 2007 and 2008 on the console."

First off, what a poor contribution to the thread. Second off, the gaming division is the least profitable, right? Read this quote:

"It ranks the top market leaders of the mobile phone, computer, TV and games console markets according to their policies and practices on toxic chemicals and recycling."

Around the Network

I think that Nintendo also makes up in the amount of left-over consoles that end up on landfills. I mean, 18 years later and my SNES is still running. Same goes for my N64. I doubt a lot of consoles, at least from nintendo end up on a landfill.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
I think that Nintendo also makes up in the amount of left-over consoles that end up on landfills. I mean, 18 years later and my SNES is still running. Same goes for my N64. I doubt a lot of consoles, at least from nintendo end up on a landfill.

I was searching forever for a picture of the E.T./Atari landfill but alas, no luck.

MontanaHatchet said:
Esmoreit said:

I was searching forever for a picture of the E.T./Atari landfill but alas, no luck.

That was Atari and would have only validated my point ;).

Plus, the ET land-fill is a gamer's man El Dorado. Only rumoured to exist. some claim to have seen it but no evidence is ever found.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Esmoreit said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Esmoreit said:

That was Atari and would have only validated my point ;).

Plus, the ET land-fill is a gamer's man El Dorado. Only rumoured to exist. some claim to have seen it but no evidence is ever found.

Ever? Maybe not... :)

http://www.keithschofield.com/et/

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

MontanaHatchet said:
Alright guys, to curb the inevitable, don't be hatin' just because Sony cares about the environment. I mean, let's face it. The environment is easily the most important thing in the world (well I'm sure you could name a bunch of other things, but they couldn't be affected by videogames).

That said, I'm sure Nintendo is skewed. They should just provide their stats.

Hello. My name is Iwata Plainview. This is my partner and son Miyamoto. If I tell you I'm an oil man, I think you'll agree. I've got a Nintendogs factory up and running in Keyote hills, that pays out 5000 dollars a week, and two more being built.

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed, especially the Playstation 3. I hate these "people" and their "Metal Gear Solid."

You have a Playstation 3 over here, and I'm across the room, wayyyy over here. Now imagine I have a straw. My straw goes alllll the way over to your Playstation 3, and now....yes Eli....I DRINK YOUR PLAYSTATION 3! I drink it up! It's called seepage! Seepage!

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.