By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Home - If it ever appears on PS3, will it be worth the wait?

(Yawn). The article's author admits "I spent about 10 minutes with Home" and mentions there were no other users online, when the whole point of Home is to provide a customizable space for social interaction.

Wake me when someone has actual news to report.

Around the Network

i really don't want to download this. it has been a potential flop since day one.

tl;dr but in my opinion, no, it will not be worth it. Most likely I will walk around Home the day it comes out and then never touch it again.

They should have scrapped Home and developed the PSN.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Even if it isn't that great at first, it will be continually updated.

I think at this point of the generation it becomes pretty irrelevent. With that said if Sony can build it and work out the kinks and get itflowing in the right direction, it could become a major advantage for them next gen. last gen MS got XBOX live going and that has payed off for them this gen. I think Home could be a very similar situation. So is it worth it to me? In the short term probably not. in the long term? Maybe, come and ask me in 10 years.

Around the Network

What.... Home.. I thought it was canceled.. NVM..

It depends on how many consistently use it to sell off advertising space. Nascar is supposed to get great ratings at 11 million people, so they can demand more money from advertisers. It the PS3 gets good hardware numbers and they preload this onto new systems they can get a good number of people using this consistently they can get very good advertising money back from things like movies that target the gamer demographic.

dont really care as i only go online to dl games/demos.

A new Home demo video:

http://blip.tv/file/1027953

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

^ no date on that how am i suppse to know its new?