By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-04/ 2007-06-10

kber81 said:
roadkillers said:

Plus im pretty sure there making money off the game because its bassically a port with one extra dungeon. Does anyone know how much it is to port a title?

Sure, but... when I look on Final Fantasy title with 40k units sold on week one... It's just a bad trip...

I'm sure square didn't expect it to sell alot, 40k is very decent considering it is just a port with slightly improved graphics. You saw how FFT did..square is making some nice profit with the PSP.

Around the Network

They should've offered FF 1 & 2 together on one UMD and sold it for like 40 bucks. I think that would've sold a lot better.

40k isn't bad, but you kinda expect more from a Final Fantasy remake, port or re-release.

The DS FF3 remake is a million seller in Japan. Crossed the 1m mark about oh, 7 or 8 weeks ago? It made it though. Not bad but I hope it doesn't encourage them making more re releases. I would have preferred that just make another new rpg than to slap a new 3d NDS engine together and copy over an old game. (And yes I bought it and beat it so I know its hypocritical of me to say that)

I didn't realize the PSP versions were the same 2d graphics. So they're charging full price for DS and PSP remakes but the DS ones look better? That's ironic. :P

PSP's marketshare does not warrant large efforts from third parties. PSP is lucky to get these ports at all, and seeing how they land with a thud, I'd imagine we aren't going to see many more of them.

Around the Network

またどうもありがとうございます、Y-koronさん ^v^

@DK2 they're not at full retail price. I paid for part one about 30usd, I didn't like the game, these kind of remakes should release or on the VC or on the PSN, but SE has the habit of putting profits above costumers need. First the remake and then DQ9. I want DQ9 now. Every single PS2 released KH and FF game has a remake as an International version in Japan, no other developer has done that much as they do.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

The FF remakes for the PSP are the same games with slightly enhanced sprites.  Seeing as the games have already been redone on the GBA and you got both I & II on the same cart, it's a bit of a con.

Anyway, unsurprisingly FFI on the PSP has sold around 120k in 8 weeks, I don't expect the 2nd release to be much better if at all, seeing as FFI sold 50k+ in the first week whereas FFII has sold nearly 40k....expect around 80k in sales after 8 weeks.

FF Tactics is doing much better though.  With 262k in 5 weeks, and it was the highest selling game in May.

FFIII on the DS was released nearly a year ago, and yes has sold over 1m copies in Japan, but they at least enhanced the game using a 3D engine etc.  Making it different enough.

FFI and FF2 on the PSP were probably always expected to be low sellers.  Although, FF Tactics, which again is a remake of the PSOne game, will sell much better.  It may reach around the 500k mark eventually.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)