By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu 2007-06-04/ 2007-06-10

Is this Harvest Moon's first week? I expected it to do better than that... I am not a Wii supporter by any means, but I love the Harvest Moon series in all its iterations. Does anyone know when Folklore comes out?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
Thanks again y-koron. FFII AE - 40k... I hope this will give a hint to Square. All this upcoming mega-remake strategy will not work.

Not on PSP anyway, didn't FFIII DS do well though?

Wasn't the FFIII DS a 3D remake? I don't consider that a remake per-se, since it is more or less a different game.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Folklore will be released in June ,I dont remember the exact day but it will be next week .This week Ninja Gaiden Sigma and next week Folklore ,finally things are moving a bit in the PS3 software front .

I didnt notice first ,but Harvest Moon didnt start too well ,and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii has already dropped from the top ten ....

Around the Network

The FFI remake has sold quite well but launching the second one only one month and a half later isnt a good idea .In any case Square should think about this .FFIII for the DS is allright ,it is a remake after all with remade graphics and sound ,but the two PSP FF arent remakes only ports with slightly revamped graphics and sound and some cutscenes added (from the PS1 version if I remember well ) .So Square take note ,remakes YES ,ports NO thank you .

Diomedes1976 said:
Folklore will be released in June ,I dont remember the exact day but it will be next week .This week Ninja Gaiden Sigma and next week Folklore ,finally things are moving a bit in the PS3 software front .

I didnt notice first ,but Harvest Moon didnt start too well ,and Resident Evil 4 for the Wii has already dropped from the top ten ....

Harvest Moon (20k) is not so bad compared as fomers.  The demand of Harvest Moon is about 100k in their history and it was sold very well in only DS. 

If you need something about Japanese market from the perspective of Japanese, please contact me.

kber81 said:
Thanks again y-koron. FFII AE - 40k... I hope this will give a hint to Square. All this upcoming mega-remake strategy will not work.

I have to disagree. They just have to remake games they havent remade yet. Maybe.... FFVII or 8? Plus im pretty sure there making money off the game because its bassically a port with one extra dungeon. Does anyone know how much it is to port a title?

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

roadkillers said:

Plus im pretty sure there making money off the game because its bassically a port with one extra dungeon. Does anyone know how much it is to port a title?

Sure, but... when I look on Final Fantasy title with 40k units sold on week one... It's just a bad trip...

I think it's safe to say that the demand for such Final Fantasy Remakes on the PSP is quite low, as well as the demand for PSP games in general.