By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Good Of A Gamer Are You?

Most long singleplayer games I can finish in a decent timespan if the game can keep my attention. (As in, being good enough to play). I'm now playing Metroid Prime and taking it easy, just checking everything out and taking my time.

For the rest, I play Starcraft on quite a high level. I play lots of online matches and have a win-loss ratio of 0.85. Call of Duty 4 is also pretty awesome... I'm in prestige 8 (out of 10) right now and my kill-death ratio in the last weeks is about 7:1.

For the rest... I've played a lot of Timesplitters Future Perfect... Hardly ever lost a match in multiplayers with friends. I was also pretty good at Mario Kart Wii... Having been in the top 3 in time-trials on these forums and having better times on all tracks then my friends. Oh, and I can play every single song (except for Through the fire and flames) on Hard in guitar hero 3 and finish the single-player on expert.

So, I consider my self quite a good and experienced gamer who has quite a complete collection for the consoles that I own... Although I honestly don't spend THAT much time with it because It's just for entertainment in my free time.

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

For reference, here's the list of my accomplishments:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=156047

Yes, I really played Road Rash 64.

You got all the platinum medals in Blast Corps?!

It's true.  Your skill is officially legendary.

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.

I would say i'm average, i dont play enough to be amazing at most games and i do die quite a lot on zelda. But as long as i enjoy games im fine, and that one of the reasons i dont play many shooters, because some people are insanely good...

I'm on the albatross on super hard on BC: rearmed, i frequently get first place on warhawk and tf2 servers, i'm just two songs away from beating gh on expert.

Still not that much though, but i guess i'm preety good.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Incredible just in general. (I once got 33 kills and 3 deaths in a GTA online map, that should be good enough) <--- I might suck now, I have to get my groove on to be good at games.

Epic Win on RPG games, that is my genre.

Leo-J on every Rhythm Game known to man. <--- You will never see me play this genre ever.

Around the Network

I'm #1 on the Resistance 2 beta leaderboards so wherever that puts me...yea.

"YouR opinion is WronG!!!"

Professor layton Takes intense skills to beat -_-

I was in a top 100 guild in Guild Wars, I am in top 50 clan and a top 200 player in World in Conflict and I usually score the highest on public servers in FPS games. RTS games are the ones i have the most trouble with but besides Dawn of War I never tried seriously to be good online, mainly because people who have been playing these games forever and crush me long before i learn anything.

And I only consider true gaming skill if you play against somebody else, single player games dont measure skill, they measure your ability to act like a robot. As long as you memorize the right pattern then you can beat pretty much anything. Only against other humans you have to use true skill because you need to not only have good reflexes but you also need to think for yourself. AI is just way too predictable for me.

Proud owner of the following gaming devices:

PC, XBox 360, Wii, PS2, DS, PS3

incredible i am !!!! i did get the big boss emblem in one full nite on MGS4

Depends on the genre and the game. I'm pretty much average/good at shooters, great at platformers, great at rpgs/srpgs, great at MMO's (can that be included?) like WoW, Bad/average at fighters, good/great at puzzles, average at sports games... can't think of much else at the moment.