By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So which less hyped exclusives are going to be full of awesome?

Strategyking92 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
shio said:

PC is cheaper than HD Console gaming, no matter when you buy the PC. Here:

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
Game every month (5yrs) = $3000
= $3900
(Also, many PC games are actually released at $40 and $30 price point)
(Also, PC games drop price much faster than Console games)

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
Game every month (5yrs) = $3600
= $4200

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $4000

That's for a 5 years cycle. And I'm not even discounting the fact that PC games drop price much faster, or else it could've cost only $3000 for a '5 year PC gaming cycle'.

Let me fix this for ya :)

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
Game rented every month (5yrs) = $300
= $900

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $700

:)

Lol, wait.

Okay shio, I know how you champion pc gaming like it's your religion, but this (bolded) doesn't say something?

Continuing our conversation: the xbox has a cheaper model (arcade; $280)

AND if you buy alot of games cheap (as most people do) the consoles still come out as a better deal, because the pc itself costs so much. (also nobody rents pc games anymore either, great point mafoo.)

Overall: Consoles are attractive as gaming machines because people would rather spend 400$ now,rather than 700$ now.  People don't notice over time either, so they could care less. (I didn't until you showed me.) And there is also the fact that people relate consoles to games more nowadays, than the pc.

PC has alot more game releases than any console, and older PC games keep selling and are active for years. Since the competition is much more fierce in PC gaming, developers/publishers are forced to drop the price down much faster than console games.

Even if you choose an Xbox 360 Arcade, it's still cheaper to play on PC. Not only that but, just like not paying XBL, you'd be limiting your gaming choices, since you wouldn't be able to play all those downloadable games AND several Xbox 360 game that require installation and patching.

Don't even bring the "buy alot of games cheap" because PC games drop price Much Faster. In just a couple of months they are already dropping $20 from their starting price. And then you have games that are released at just $30-40.

Around the Network
shio said:
Strategyking92 said:
TheRealMafoo said:
shio said:

PC is cheaper than HD Console gaming, no matter when you buy the PC. Here:

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
= $4200

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $4000

That's for a 5 years cycle. And I'm not even discounting the fact that PC games drop price much faster, or else it could've cost only $3000 for a '5 year PC gaming cycle'.

Let me fix this for ya :)

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
= $900

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $700

:)

Lol, wait.

Okay shio, I know how you champion pc gaming like it's your religion, but this (bolded) doesn't say something?

Continuing our conversation: the xbox has a cheaper model (arcade; $280)

AND if you buy alot of games cheap (as most people do) the consoles still come out as a better deal, because the pc itself costs so much. (also nobody rents pc games anymore either, great point mafoo.)

Overall: Consoles are attractive as gaming machines because people would rather spend 400$ now,rather than 700$ now.  People don't notice over time either, so they could care less. (I didn't until you showed me.) And there is also the fact that people relate consoles to games more nowadays, than the pc.

PC has alot more game releases than any console, and older PC games keep selling and are active for years. Since the competition is much more fierce in PC gaming, developers/publishers are forced to drop the price down much faster than console games.

Even if you choose an Xbox 360 Arcade, it's still cheaper to play on PC. Not only that but, just like not paying XBL, you'd be limiting your gaming choices, since you wouldn't be able to play all those downloadable games AND several Xbox 360 game that require installation and patching.

Don't even bring the "buy alot of games cheap" because PC games drop price Much Faster. In just a couple of months they are already dropping $20 from their starting price. And then you have games that are released at just $30-40.

Bolded underlined: sounds like an excuse.

bolded: okay, this shows you know nothing of the xbox 360....

Underlined: again, you think that means good things for the pc games industry? You are trying to defend the pc gaming industry with proof that the games don't sell!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

I think Infamous looks awesome

Anyway, dealiest catch update:

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/deadliestcatchalaskanstorm?q=deadliest

67 average on metacritic... ouch.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
shio said:

Bolded underlined: sounds like an excuse.

bolded: okay, this shows you know nothing of the xbox 360....

Underlined: again, you think that means good things for the pc games industry? You are trying to defend the pc gaming industry with proof that the games don't sell!

It's not an excuse. There are hundreds and hundreds of PC Exclusives coming out every year, add to that the hundreds and hundreds of freeware games and you have an oversaturated market.

We can compare 360's and PC's FPS exclusives for this year if you want, just to show how it truly is.

By the way, some guy at Microsoft just said that the Worldwide figures for Home Console Market(Wii+PS3+360+PS2) is $14 Billions, while the PC Gaming Market is $11.3 Billions.

And DFC reported that the PC market will increase 73% between 2007 and 2013.

EDIT: the reason I mentioned that if we had to we could compare FPS lineups, is because Xbox 360 has been said to have too many FPS games, and it has been said that the FPS genre is dieing on PC...