By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - So which less hyped exclusives are going to be full of awesome?

Strategyking92 said:
82 XboxAddict
Overall the game is a great in depth simulation and the gameplay outweighs many of its bugs.

70 GameDaily
It's a very involving and at times complex game, with numerous controls and menus to learn. We dig the slow moving but rewarding gameplay as well as the numerous video clips from the show, but the horrible frame rate, long load times and lackluster visuals keep Deadliest Catch from being the king of simulations.

62 Team Xbox
Just completing a single string of pots (the cages the crabs crawl into on the ocean floor, trapping them) in Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm is a long and drawn out experience, with a difficult to master control scheme and layers of strategy and management to contend with. On top of that, it will literally make you seasick. In other words, a total PC game.

LOL, right now, the game everyone thought would suck is getting good reviews! (only 3 reviews in though)

DEADLIEST CATCH: ALASKAN STORM.

Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm > Haze

CONFIRMED!

But to answer the topic at hand, I'd have to say Sacred 2 and Huxley both look good although Too Human should'nt be on the list i believe it has potential and alot of people will be suprised.

08' Year End Predictions

Wii: 46 Million
Xbox 360:
26 Million

PS3: 22 Million

Sale Predictions:

Gears Of War 2 - 7 Million
Fable 2 - 3 Million
Left 4 Dead - 1.5 Million
Infinite Undiscovery - 700k
Tales Of Vesperia - 550k
The Last Remnant - 700k
Ninja Gaiden - 800k LTD [?] On its way.
Banjo-Kazooie N&B - 2 Million
Lost Odyssey - 500k LTD [X] surpassed
Too Human - 1.4 Million

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
Garcian Smith said:
kingofwale said:
Garcian Smith said:
kingofwale said:
endimion said:
let me guess pc...... well it's still exclusive... stop saying 360 exclusive it's MS exclusive..... if they pay for an exclu why shouldn't they use it for both their platform XB and MSW ????? that argument is old and doesn't stand... it is exclusive you can take it any way you want.....

trust me if nintendo and sony had a OS distribution they'd do exactly the same...

Here's the question.

if I can play those game and I don't own a 360... How can you define that as "360 exclusive"?????

This argument comes up every time someone mentions 360 exclusives, and every time someone gives the same answer, so I might as well:

PC gaming is generally less accessible, more "techie"-geared, and mostly off in its own little world compared to console gaming. It's easy to prefer one or the other; thus, when a game is announced for [insert console here] and PC, it might as well be exclusive to whatever console it's for, as far as non-PC gamers are concerned. Not everyone has the patience, technical know-how, money, or will to maintain a "gaming rig" when you can just grab a console off the shelf, hook it up, pop in a disc, and go to town. (In addition, some of us run OSX or Linux, so gaming on our computers is sort of out of the question.)

or.... how about this??? Instead of making definition. how about STICKING with the basic meaning of "exclusive", which means 1?

or just say games on your console, and drop the whole "exclusive" idea. It's pointless anyway.

Or we could just keep talking in terms of "true exclusives" and "console exclusives." Which we, er, have been all along.

Either way, "console exclusives" have their place. Someone like me, who uses Macs, obviously doesn't, and will never, own a Windows PC, so "console exclusives" ARE true exclusives for me, and they are for many others too.

what's 'true exclusive' to you means absolutely nothing. 99% of people here are using their Windows PC, which means most of them has a mean to play your so-called "true exclusive" games.

You my friend, have what we call problems. 

Strategyking92 said:

I'm sure most of us could play games such as Rome: total war, but those games are what, 5 years old? My gaming pc can barely play AoE3 and Medieval: total war2.  As time goes by, my pc is getting weaker and weaker, so a console was a natural choice, since I don't have 600$ to spend on a new pc. (I can get a 360 and what, 6 games for that price!)

PC exclusive and True exclusives.

You ps3 owners hate that idea because it means WE 360 users get more games YOU can't play unless you spend EVEN MORE MONEY on computer hardware. So, who really wins? the guy that only has to use a 360 to play games? or the guy that has to update his pc, and buy a ps3 to play the games the 360 has?

It depends on when you get a PC. I just upgraded. Mid to late cycle in the console generations is a good time to do it. After a few years, a mid range PC can outperform the console for about the same price. My PC will probably be slower then the next console, but that's 4 years away. Every game I play for the next 4 years will look better on my PC then the same game on a 360 or PS3.

Also, when the next generation of consoles comes out, you will need to upgrade in order to play the games for it. I will still be able to play the latest PC games at reduced quality.

It's like if they released Halo 3 for the x-box with lower quality graphics.

So IMO, Consoles on release and after there major price drops are the best deal, but PC's are a better choice when in mid cycle.

LoL, but still, the majority of people don't use PC's for high demanding games, mostly just the essentials like E-mail and the internetz.

"Also, when the next generation of consoles comes out, you will need to upgrade in order to play the games for it. I will still be able to play the latest PC games at reduced quality.

So IMO, Consoles on release and after there major price drops are the best deal, but PC's are a better choice when in mid cycle."

Well, I mean that all depends on the games.....
Anyway, I actually like that part of PC gaming, BUT, it still doesn't excuse the fact that upgrading still costs more than a console.
It all depends on what your tastes are in games, the future of pc gaming, and of course, when and how you want to play games.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Might want to remove Sacred 2:Fallen Angel from the list

Where is Project Offset? That looks better then any of the aforementiond

Around the Network
Strategyking92 said:
LoL, but still, the majority of people don't use PC's for high demanding games, mostly just the essentials like E-mail and the internetz.

"Also, when the next generation of consoles comes out, you will need to upgrade in order to play the games for it. I will still be able to play the latest PC games at reduced quality.

So IMO, Consoles on release and after there major price drops are the best deal, but PC's are a better choice when in mid cycle."

Anyway, I actually like that part of PC gaming, BUT, it still doesn't excuse the fact that upgrading still costs more than a console.
It all depends on what your tastes are in games, the future of pc gaming, and of course, when and how you want to play games.

Yea, the problem is most gamers what whatever is the best thing (PS3/PC/360 gamers anyway). A month after you buy the best PC you can possibly buy, it's not the best thing anymore. Consoles stay constant. So most people feel the urge to upgrade more often, but that's because they are comparing what they have, to the best PC they can get. If they compared there rigs to consoles, they would upgrade far less often.

Strategyking92 said:

PC is cheaper than HD Console gaming, no matter when you buy the PC. Here:

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
Game every month (5yrs) = $3000
= $3900
(Also, many PC games are actually released at $40 and $30 price point)
(Also, PC games drop price much faster than Console games)

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
Game every month (5yrs) = $3600
= $4200

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $4000

That's for a 5 years cycle. And I'm not even discounting the fact that PC games drop price much faster, or else it could've cost only $3000 for a '5 year PC gaming cycle'.

shio said:

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
= $4200

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $4000

That's for a 5 years cycle. And I'm not even discounting the fact that PC games drop price much faster, or else it could've cost only $3000 for a '5 year PC gaming cycle'.

Let me fix this for ya :)

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
Game rented every month (5yrs) = $300
= $900

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $700

:)

TheRealMafoo said:

Yea, the problem is most gamers what whatever is the best thing (PS3/PC/360 gamers anyway). A month after you buy the best PC you can possibly buy, it's not the best thing anymore. Consoles stay constant. So most people feel the urge to upgrade more often, but that's because they are comparing what they have, to the best PC they can get. If they compared there rigs to consoles, they would upgrade far less often.

It's not that. The problem is the requirements of PC games keep increasing up to a point  the games look much worse, since most PC games are not fully optimized for weaker PCs except if you're Blizzard of Valve(and that's one of the reasons they're hugely successful), so people just get an upgrade to make it look better.

Ofcourse there are gamers who never upgrade and instead save the money for next PC. It's a more frontloaded approach.

TheRealMafoo said:
shio said:

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
= $4200

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $4000

Let me fix this for ya :)

PC:
Built Gaming PC = $700
GPU + Ram Upgrade = $200
= $3900

Xbox 360:
Xbox 360 = $350
Xbox Live (5yrs) = $250
= $900

PS3:
PS3 = $400
= $700

:)

Lol, wait.

Okay shio, I know how you champion pc gaming like it's your religion, but this (bolded) doesn't say something?

Continuing our conversation: the xbox has a cheaper model (arcade; $280)

AND if you buy alot of games cheap (as most people do) the consoles still come out as a better deal, because the pc itself costs so much. (also nobody rents pc games anymore either, great point mafoo.)

Overall: Consoles are attractive as gaming machines because people would rather spend 400$ now,rather than 700$ now.  People don't notice over time either, so they could care less. (I didn't until you showed me.) And there is also the fact that people relate consoles to games more nowadays, than the pc.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive