By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Taiwan now have a launch date for the Wii

http://www.nintendo.tw/index.html

2008 7 12

GO WII GO! Beat the rip off Vii!

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

I can't read it but i presume it means 7th. July. Good. Wii needs to be released in more "others/ others" regions. It seems to be falling further and further behind xbox360 and ps3 in these regions. I take it the reason is because it has been released in fewer territories? Does anyone know how big a market Taiwan is?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

REALLY? I thought its China. oh well I just hope we're not disappoint this time just like we did ijn Korea.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

No, Taiwan is a small-ish country just off the southern coast of China i think. Dunno what its game industry is like though. Whether its a big market or not. I believe the country is called Formosa now. Am waiting for news on the China release too. Am hoping it will be a MASSIVE launch! Yeah sales seem to be dropping off in Korea don't they? seems like about 5,000 per week.

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

The population of Taiwan is a little more than 20 million. When the population of South Korea is 50 million and I am not 100% sure but I thought the population is also rich like S-Korea. I would say the sales of the Wii will be half so big as South Korea.

Around the Network

If I had to wait that long for a Wii, I would be dead for 1 year now.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Suppose weekly sales of 2,000 plus weekly will help Wii in others/ others then. Maybe 50,000 optimistically in the launch period too?

Taiwan is very rich country..They are very high-tech..Dunno about the game-industry there..
Either way..good

not so long till wii hit China

Nintendo doesn't really care about the market in Taiwan, at least not at the level like Microsoft or Sony. Regardless, most gamers there who wants a Wii already got one anyway because it is not difficult to import consoles/games from Japan or US.

The ironic thing is (from what I heard), the official released Wii won't have "traditional Chinese" (the official language) interface...... That's right, only Japanese, no other option. Right now, Nintendo only localized Wii sport and Wii play for the Taiwanese market. Gamers there are saying "why bother?" "the only difference is the controllers will be cheaper"..... Anyway.... -_____-!

I don't really understand why Nintendo can't come up the OS similar to PS3 or Xbox360: one OS supports ALL languages.

@yushire,
People in Taiwan don't buy Vii, they make fun of it!

Piracy is still a problem in Taiwan, but the situation for console games is much better than the PS1/PS2 era. More gamers grew up playing video games now have steady incomes and they do pay for games. I guess that is the reason Microsoft and Sony are willing to invest money localizing their products for the traditional Chinese market (Taiwan and Hong Kong).

Regarding the piracy on PSP (or even DS), don't get me started........

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX