By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - EU sales UP!!PS3 OUCH!

PS3 fan boy need to calm down ( funny I say this and I am one of them but well).

PS3 numbers in Others have been inflated for the past 3 months, they had to fall back down at some point and the lackluster sucky MGS4 bundle Others has been getting sure wasn't going to keep them inflated.......

Anything above 70k in Others at this time of year is good numbers, check your PS2 history if you don't believe me....

You guys just can't realisticially expect the PS3 to keep selling over 100k units/week in Others forever when the PS2 did only that for 1 week outside of holydays during its first 2 years...........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Imthelegend said:
Ouch. Expected and all but what can Sony do to improve the lack of PS3 sales. Don't think even a price cut would do a huge amount over the long term IMO.

300% increase in NA YOY, 200% increase in EU YOY

PS3 is the only console in history to have such increased sales even months after a price cut.

Yeah but from the meagre numbers the Ps3 was throwing around in 07 what do you expect. How can you claim that the price cut has done well when it is still struggling to catch up to second place and is being thumped by the Wii. The price cut has only helped it to get average numbers. It needs more than a price cut to help it along. Even GTA 4 and MGS haven't helped although I will wait for a couple of weeks to judge MGS.

shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
PS3 adjusted down but what about Wii? Wii is still over tracked by 500k in Germany and France.

link?

Why PS3 France numbers were adjusted down? It was because of recent LTD numbers which put Wii at 1,8 million. It means overtracked by 300k and in Germany Wii recently "shipped" 1 million acording to Nintendo and VG already have it over 1 million.

The German number is very unclear, there is no date nor a specific number (the current number of 1.17M is also over 1M). We haven’t got any recent Gfk numbers for Germany, so until those get published I don’t think there will be any adjustments. As far as France numbers go, the difference already exist since the end of 2007. Compared to Gfk the numbers on Vgchartz seem a bit high for Wii, for some reason ioi doesn’t feel a need to adjust them. The difference might not be as high as 300k though, the 1.8M figure is a rounded number and there is no date for these numbers, so they could be a few weeks old.

Wii and DS equal monsters that are just unscathed by everything.

PS3 goes down as expected and 360 is going in the wrong direction.  PSP, well keep chugging.

MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:
PS3 adjusted down but what about Wii? Wii is still over tracked by 500k in Germany and France.

link?

Why PS3 France numbers were adjusted down? It was because of recent LTD numbers which put Wii at 1,8 million. It means overtracked by 300k and in Germany Wii recently "shipped" 1 million acording to Nintendo and VG already have it over 1 million.

I still ask link?

PS3: 800k

360: 700k

Wii: 1,8m

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080624/tcu-medias-entreprises-marketing-7b903d2.html

So Wii is overtracked and there is no need to be shocked.

Fishyjoe,

There was no need for giving me a warning becasue these numbers come today and is the reason PS3 adjusted down in France.

Around the Network

MGS isn't really for europeans GT5 will sell way more consoles, just wait

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

koffieboon said:
shanbcn said:
MANUELF said:
shanbcn said:

link?

The German number is very unclear, there is no date nor a specific number (the current number of 1.17M is also over 1M). We haven’t got any recent Gfk numbers for Germany, so until those get published I don’t think there will be any adjustments. As far as France numbers go, the difference already exist since the end of 2007. Compared to Gfk the numbers on Vgchartz seem a bit high for Wii, for some reason ioi doesn’t feel a need to adjust them. The difference might not be as high as 300k though, the 1.8M figure is a rounded number and there is no date for these numbers, so they could be a few weeks old.

PS3 was adjusted down thanks to these numbers so why can't Wii?

the drop was bigger then i thought

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

*shakes hands with all PS3 fanboys*

It was a good week while it lasted, I hope to see you all again next PS3 price drop.

Most important for Sony to release Dual shock 3 in Europe.

If theu continue to sell  40bg ps3 with SixAxis, I am afraid sales will not improve by much.

"Next Gen. doesn't start until Sony says so", and it starts with.....

Metal Gear "Solid" launch.

Quote :"Ironic isn't it? Sony charges nothing for it's service yet you don't have to deal with pop-adds. Yet xbox live charges and gives you ads that you can't close. Funny how different the west is from the east."