By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Microsoft to allow third party X360 manufacturing.

dougsdad0629 said:
Yeah, cause that worked SOOOOO well for the 3DO. (sarcasm)

well...3DO couldn't count on an established 20M userbase...nor on alerady established massive 3rd party support.

other than that after Ms-windows compatibles PCs we could have x360-compatibles devices (even blu-ray players: funny, wouldn't it be?)...not bad for MS

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Around the Network

I am quite certain that MS said the original XBOX was meant to be third party manufactured, but no one bit, so they manufactured it themselves.

Has anyone else noticed an increase in 360 rumours this past week or so?
E3 is really overdue...

Wait Microsoft sells the 360 at a loss ( they do at least in europe ) how would a manufacturer manage to make one cheaper without a downgrade in already poorly made hardware ?They would need to make a profit from it.

This also opens up the possibility of piracy since I dought the hardware makers will receive anything from the sales of games so they won't activley fight piracy like microsoft.

There's also game incompatibility issues , imagine COD5 comming out the "pannasonic XBOX 360 owners want a patch because of poor framerates and crashes whilst the Samsungs 360 owners can't start the game at all".

With a large % XBOX 360 exclusives already on or heading to the PC what would be the point of a 360 ad on ?

I'm done.

Million said:
Wait Microsoft sells the 360 at a loss ( they do at least in europe ) how would a manufacturer manage to make one cheaper without a downgrade in already poorly made hardware ?They would need to make a profit from it.

This also opens up the possibility of piracy since I dought the hardware makers will receive anything from the sales of games so they won't activley fight piracy like microsoft.

There's also game incompatibility issues , imagine COD5 comming out the "pannasonic XBOX 360 owners want a patch because of poor framerates and crashes whilst the Samsungs 360 owners can't start the game at all".

With a large % XBOX 360 exclusives already on or heading to the PC what would be the point of a 360 ad on ?

I'm done.

1. we don't know whether MS sells x360 at a loss (as for EU mind that at the current exchange rate the arcade model is sold for roughly 300$ here in EU: still more than in US)
  2. you know that little piece of paper with lots of clauses? ok, i think MS is able to reach an arrangement with a 3rd party manufacturer.
  3. well it will depend on MS ability to set the standard.
  4. assuming this is true...ok, what's the point of buyin a x360 then? go out and ask the 20M customers...someone must have the answer.

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

@spec ,decent atempt at a response but not enough to justify another response.

Sorry.

Around the Network
Million said:

Sorry.

well, I tried and that's the most important thing, isn't it? :)

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

What's the point? I don't get it.

Million said:

Sorry.

He only succesfully debunked every one of your arguments but keep going, you're good at rollin' with da punches.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

My god....RRoD would double!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Bitmap Frogs said:
Million said:

Sorry.

He only succesfully debunked every one of your arguments but keep going, you're good at rollin' with da punches.

Yeah Bitmap Frog, Spectrumglr pretty much did this http://million.justgotowned.com/ to Million.