By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN 2.4 Full feature list leaked

"Manage Bluetooth devices"

Please be true. Maybe I can finally get my headset working with MGO. It works just fine with Warhawk. :|

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
mesoteto said:
nice, i am saving up for the beast and do you guys know when bc might be put back in ...right now is the only option out there teh 80 gig, b/c there is a huge back log of ps2 games out there i need to catch up on and my ps2 is failing fast

so i can get an answer

The 80gb is currently the only ps2 BC model available.  There are rumors that the 40gbs will recieve a firmware update with BC in October, but I find it highly unlikely given how much it would take to emulate the ps2's Graphics Synthesizer.  If it happened, it would probably have a low rate of BC for ps2 games.

Next gen, however, ps2 BC will probably be standard across all SKUs via software emulation, much like ps1 BC is standard across all SKUs this gen.

makingmusic476 said:
mesoteto said:
mesoteto said:
nice, i am saving up for the beast and do you guys know when bc might be put back in ...right now is the only option out there teh 80 gig, b/c there is a huge back log of ps2 games out there i need to catch up on and my ps2 is failing fast

so i can get an answer

The 80gb is currently the only ps2 BC model available.  There are rumors that the 40gbs will recieve a firmware update with BC in October, but I find it highly unlikely given how much it would take to emulate the ps2's Graphics Synthesizer.  If it happened, it would probably have a low rate of BC for ps2 games.

Next gen, however, ps2 BC will probably be standard across all SKUs via software emulation, much like ps1 BC is standard across all SKUs this gen.

I don't know why people say this, there are a couple of PS2 emulators online and they are doing just fine with plenty of bootable games and playable game (from beginning to end and some with superior frame rates). And remember they are doing all this without any documentation or back end knowledge of the PS2. I would be dissapointed if BC software emulation didn't come.

well the game si want to get in are the GOW series the Kingdom Hearts Series, and some of the FF series, i would hat e to have to pass on those once i do go for the ps3

also is the 80 full bc or is it hit or miss

@Meso it's almost all, you can check the compatibility list @ Sony's site, they list the game and what problems have been encountered so far, many play with no flaws and the list gets worked on with every update :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

This is some excellent stuff.

This cant come soon enough. Now if my FILESYSTEM ON MY DAMN PS3 WASN'T CORRUPTED EVERY 5 MINS! Since MGS4 came out i've repaired my filesystem like 6 times. 2.36 messed my whole PS3 up.

Thanks Sony, ya douchebags.

tanker said:

link

wow ,,,that looks cool,,,I m betting that it will be released in E3.(july 14?)

I can't wait!
Personally, I'd also like internet availability so if I get really stuck I could pop open Gamefaqs without having to turn off the game. Wait...no, keep that out. Idiots like me who can't do it themselves should be made to work.
Seriously, though, this is awesome.

:( i was hoping that the update would come out sooner...

The 1st July would of been a nice date to release 2.40.... and then use E3 to take advasntage of the hype and momentum 2.40 would of generated...

Making us wait when we know its coming it just fustrating....