By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 version of Left 4 Dead has splitscreen!

I'm glad people are finally seeing why this game rocks...I've only been pushing it for a year straight hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Crap, I may lose that bet to BenKenobi88 about L4D versos Project origin :)

BenKenobi88 said:

I'm glad people are finally seeing why this game rocks...I've only been pushing it for a year straight hehe.

Its so agravating to see a game made by one of the best developers for FPS' in existance with an awesome looking new IP being ignored by everyone!!!

To me this game is as important to the 360 lineup this year as GOW2, probably even more so because it is a new IP.

Friend get friend FTW - This game is where this theory REALLY gets tested. Its exciting.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Its so agravating to see a game made by one of the best developers for FPS' in existance with an awesome looking new IP being ignored by everyone!!!

To me this game is as important to the 360 lineup this year as GOW2, probably even more so because it is a new IP.

Friend get friend FTW - This game is where this theory REALLY gets tested. Its exciting.

I wasn't aware that Turtle Rock Studios (CS:CZ, XBox CS) were one of the best developers of FPSes in existance.

I'm excited about the game though. Sounds like the perfect zombie game.

NIce... I will look for this game..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Crap, I may lose that bet to BenKenobi88 about L4D versos Project origin :)

Haha.  Now you see why I put so much confidence in Valve.  If a lot of people didn't care for Left 4 Dead earlier this year, they will by the end of it, because Valve puts so much work into everything about the game.

It'll be interesting to see how much will change between now and November as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Its so agravating to see a game made by one of the best developers for FPS' in existance with an awesome looking new IP being ignored by everyone!!!

I wasn't aware that Turtle Rock Studios (CS:CZ, XBox CS) were one of the best developers of FPSes in existance.

Valve bought Turtle Rock Studios a few months ago...and Valve was always helping them with L4D anyway.

Also, Turtle Rock made the CS:S bot, which is among the best for effective multiplayer bots. Moving from that to an advanced algorithmic AI Director in Left 4 Dead that controls the waves of zombies is pretty much the next step.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

BenKenobi88 said:
bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:
BenKenobi88 said:

Valve bought Turtle Rock Studios a few months ago...and Valve was always helping them with L4D anyway.

Also, Turtle Rock made the CS:S bot, which is among the best for effective multiplayer bots. Moving from that to an advanced algorithmic AI Director in Left 4 Dead that controls the waves of zombies is pretty much the next step.

I know that.  But the game is still mainly done by Turtle Rock Studios.  I doubt that the people who worked on HL2, Ep1/2 helped too much with Left 4 Dead outside of maybe technical support (especially since Ep2 just shipped last November).  Let's give credit where it's due, instead of blindly claiming Valve is the king of FPS development.

I mean, when Mass Effect 2 comes out, and is awesome, are people going to praise EA just because EA bought Bioware?

Valve has been helping since the start....and now that Turtle Rock Studios is a part of Valve, they have access to all the tools and resources that Valve has to offer, as well as additional help for details, polish, etc.

This isn't like EA and Bioware, because EA is a money grabbing whore. Valve and Turtle Rock have worked closely together for years and this was a logical step.

I give credit to both Turtle Rock and Valve. Turtle Rock had the great ideas, the start, but if Valve wasn't with them, the game might have been released prematurely. It needs more polish, more testing, it needs to be perfect.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I'm looking to pick this game up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!