By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should there be more violent action games on Wii?

So, we all know that to date, No More Heroes has set a high standard for delicious, high speed, ultraviolent action-fueled combat on the Wii. While the game was flawed (just like some of its genre-mates on the 360 and PS3) it was totally saved by its amazing combat system which never got repetetive and kept the game running. I shoved it into my Wii again yesterday, and was still amazed by how good it felt to just hack'n slash into enemies using the Wiimote.

The question is now: with the 360 and PS3 receiving titles like DMC4, Ninja Gaiden II and Viking, all more or less similar to NMH in terms of action, do you agree that the Wii could use some more of these fast-paced action titles? The Wiimote has the potential to create an even higher immersion, negating the awesome graphical power of the HD consoles. I know for a fact that I would buy them like crazy if they were any good at all. Or is there already a game I'm missing here?

Thoughts?

I drink your milkshake.

Around the Network

Of course there should. If Nintendo wants more sales, then they should show the wii has games for all players, not just kiddy games.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

Yup.Exactly the reason I loathe the wii; the lack of.

Nothing wrong with targeting a wider variety of markets.

Well Madworld is coming.. don't think it gets any more violent then that..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Not too many I hope, those games tend to be crap more often then not.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

more good action games would be good.... the violent part is useless.

I'd enjoy bashing gambas with a hammer as much as high def humanoids with a chainsaw... (well even more as the focus of the game would be on it's other qualities and not the gore and violence....)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

^ With violent, I meant fast-paced and hard action. It doesn't necessarily have to be bloody - after all, NMH's European edition wasn't bloody either - it just has to give you a rush which is less present when you are 'bashing goombas with a hammer'. Sorry for the awkward choice of words.
And Mad World also crossed my mind - while I'm 90% sure the game will be amazing, it will probably not be the kind of game I'm talking about, because it doesn't look fast-paced. If you'd compare it to, say, Ninja Gaiden, you'd see that the game is wholly different - focusing more on the gory, violent aspect than on jumping around and being everywhere at once, hacking away at everyone. So let me redefine 'fast-paced violent action game':
A (third-person) action game which focuses on combat and as a result has a relatively deep combat system, further characterised by a high battle speed and regular storms of violence where you are beating up several foes at once.

I drink your milkshake.

The soccer moms and grandparents do not like violent games it would anger them if Nintendo brought more violent games on the console.

Naum said:
Not too many I hope, those games tend to be crap more often then not.

Yeah,crap like carnival games.The wii's libary is void of these violent or mature action games and filled with crap like the one aforementioned.