By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat Ep 13 Summary

Usually Loadedstatement or Soriku get this thread up first, but since I don't see it around, I thought I would. I really appreciate reading these summaries, and I know I'm not alone.

Shamelessly ripped from gonintendo.com:

IGN Nintendo Voice Chat Ep. 13 - summary

Rock Band
- Underwhelming - comes very late after other versions, the great features aren’t in the Wii version
- Can’t make own band members
- Drums not wireless - there was an error on the press release
- Sub-par stereo sound

Madden All-Play
- Visuals “updated” - looks like they’re tweaking with the system
- 5 on 5 mode - easier to play - ex: throw automatically
- Call Your Shot: Draw own shots - can do this online
- Overall, gameplay more fast, “arcadey” - Bozon says this isn’t a bad thing
- Core football isn’t gimped (not too much missing from other versions)
- Hardcore gamers will go for the 360 version, casual gamers will go for the Wii version

Tiger Woods
- Feels good, graphics improved
- Colors more vibrant, frame rate is good
- Feels more polished, controls have been improved greatly
- Game accounts for full motion
- Matt is impressed with the game
- Game all about motion
- 4 player online at the same time (can see other people hitting the golf balls)
- Ball Battle: Zoom in screen on ball with heavy metal music - point remote at screen, pull it in any direction - friends scramble to pull it (to mess up a player)

We Love Golf
- Tiger way better than We Love Golf according to Matt

Guitar Hero World Tour
- Looks like you can play downloaded songs right off of SD card
- Proving things are possible on Wii (ex: downloadable content to SD card)
- Experience will be like Rock Band
- Every feature in Xbox 360 + PS3 versions will be in the Wii version

Moon (DS)
- Matt thinks Moon will be coming to Wii, wants to confirm his theory with the developers
- Looks good so far
- Good concept
- PR guy that Matt spoke to said the game is a DS version of System Shock 2

FFIV
- 3D, cool, very difficult game
- There’s a fat chocobo
- Even though the game is hard, it’s very rewarding
- Uses FFIII graphics engine
- Both screens used this time - maps in dungeons
- Tons of voice-acting

Guitar Hero On Tour
- Peripheral works well
- Some complaints: Only 4 buttons (but still difficult), cramp-inducing, song list isn’t as great as what you’ll see on consoles
- Lame songs still fun to play

Final Fantasy Tactics A2
- Very very good, but it’s the same
- A lot like FF Tactics Advanced
- Square put a ton of polish on the game

Deadly Creatures
- Something about the aspect of playing as tarantula is cool
- Gilbert Gottfried providing voice talent for tarantula
- Music, voices are great - Elijah Wood, David Spade providing voice work as well

Sim City Wii
- Being developed by Hudson
- Looks promising
- Draw roads with Wiimote, can draw curved roads for the first time

Top Spin 3 DS
- Good framerate - was a big issue in last version
- Nothing really has changed
- Gameplay is great, better than the Wii version

Gyrostarr
- Review coming soon
- It’s a cool game but not amazing
- Every level starts off slow
- Will probably earn something in the mid-7s

Reader mail
- It is possible to fill all 4 pages on the Wii menu if you only buy NES games (maybe TurboGrafx-16 too)
- GBA games on VC would be a good idea - the GBA is basically like the SNES
- Abysmal sales of Boom Blox: Game should have been on WiiWare, Steven Spielberg wasn’t mentioned enough - marketing not good enough either
- Madden 09: Load times are shorter, whole experience more streamlined
- THQ’s Big Huge Games Wii project: Game still in development, not sure if it’ll be on Wii - haven’t heard much on it lately
- Megaman 9 - not sure which system it’s coming out for
- Dark Wing Duck RPG - whole crew would buy it if it were in development
- Capcom’s E3 list (Project 1, 2) - One of these games is a Wii game - Matt says there’s more from Capcom for Wii
- Final Fantasy 6 and Crono Trigger on VC - Square Enix loves to remake games - don’t expect these titles on the VC anytime soon
- Leaked Silicon Knights footage: Not sure about it, Matt forgot to ask a guy who he met from Silicon Knights
- Publishers imposing limits on reviewers: Part of the industry but MGS4 situation was out of control
- Daemon started playing Wii Fit, feeling it working, Bozon done with Wii Fit challenge - lost 21-22 lbs in 30 lbs (did other activities with Wii Fit)
- Talk about hardcore gaming dying: Daemon doesn’t think it’s dying
- Block Breaker Deluxe: Breakout, but with a pointer
- Where are the Wii RPGs? - Tales of Symphonia coming out soon, others coming out soon
- In Wii Fit, the trainers’ lips don’t move: Would have required 2 extra days of programming (joke) - Matt wishes you could modify the trainer’s look

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:

- Final Fantasy 6 and Crono Trigger on VC - Square Enix loves to remake games - don’t expect these titles on the VC anytime soon

Nothing for SMRPG in America?

My own comments:

- Tiger way better than We Love Golf according to Matt

That's some pretty high praise for Tiger Woods, considering the enthusiasm they seemed to have for We Love Golf not that long ago.

- Gilbert Gottfried providing voice talent for tarantula

Is this a joke? Because I can only laugh when I think of Gilbert Gottfried's voice coming from a spider.

- Capcom’s E3 list (Project 1, 2) - One of these games is a Wii game - Matt says there’s more from Capcom for Wii

This is exciting. Let the speculation fly. Mega Man 9? New Resident Evil game? Recent comments from Svennson seem to rule out Z&W 2.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Man I can't wait for E3. Aside from Kid Icarus game, I really want to know what is being hidden right now.

Sounds like the Tiger Woods game is gonna be great, and I LOVE golf games... but it's an EA game... argh! Dilemma FTL! ~_~

Around the Network

so excited for Sim City Wii

man this sucks i though FFIV was fatal frame, not final fantasy.

11ht11 said:
man this sucks i though FFIV was fatal frame, not final fantasy.

It was originally Final Fantasy , but some people think it is better to confuse people and make fatal fram have the same acronym. They should just have stuck to FF4.

- Leaked Silicon Knights footage: Not sure about it, Matt forgot to ask a guy who he met from Silicon Knights

What's this and where can I find this?!...

THE NETHERLANDS

StarcraftManiac said:

What's this and where can I find this?!...

Idk, but I'm sure its not Eternal Darkness 2, becaue the game they are most likely talking about is being developed for the ps3,wii, and 360,  and nintendo owns Eternal Darkness. So I don't really care what it is.