By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does everyone hate RE zero so much?

I would prefer the fixed camera view over the control/camera scheme of RE4 and RE5 anyday! If you want that go play FPS's and such, leave my horror camera fix alone!

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Around the Network
Slash said:

ZOMFG you opened a thread about RE without inlightening me:|!
I have to disagree with your statement that REmake is harder then REzero. It just looks that way because the opening part of the game is pretty easy (where as in REmake you get thrown into the survival action right away). REzero had all these weird strong bosses that could really be a hard challenge, though I agree that the puzzles are a bit easier.
All in all REzero is GREAAAAAAT! Umbrela Chronicles is surprisingly good too (i'm at the ending of the game now).

Resident Evil preference:
-REmake (GC)
-REzero (GC)
-RE3 (PC)
-RE2 (PC)
-Resident Evil Umbrela Chronicles (Wii)
-Code Veronica(GC) (terrible, terrible game!)

Well obviously there was no need to invite you, cause you'd find it yourself, lol.

Man, I think REmake is the game I died most in of all games I ever played. In RE Zero you can get attacked 4-6 times before dying. In Remake 3 (or if you're unlucky 2). And you have far less ink ribbons, so you have to redo much more parts of the game. Anyway, there both great and challenging.

It was actually one of the few game that I wanted a GC for . Stll afther I got the Cube it wasnt enough to make me keep it , so I sold it before I could play it on my own console . Yeah , the game should hav arrived at the begining of 03 or so in the EU but it only apeared in shops here in 04 :( . Luckily I had the chance to play it later on and I was impressed . I liked it a lot : the graphics , the sound ( hell I even have the soundtrack ripped :P ) and probably the story ( but I havent played the game long enough to be able to judge the story ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I'm playing Re:Zero now. I'm loving it although I'm only 4 hours in. The puzzles are far better with the switching characters. Playing it reminds me of when RE was about scariness and not 3rd person shooting(looking at you RE4). I prefer the original style because the camera angles and control method provide suspense. RE4 style was just a bit weak. It wasnt sure whether it was a 3rd person horror or a scar game. Although I wasnt tense once playing RE4.

It was exclusive to the Gamecube... that right there is reason enough for folks to hate it.

The game was awesome though.  My only gripe is that they removed the Type 3 control set-up that worked so well in the REmake (walk foward with R, turn with the control stick, hold L to shoot = perfection).

Around the Network

heres my problem, i played the original re when i was young and just couldn't get into the game, later when i tried to pick teh series back up a friend of mine started me on RE 4 for the game cube....

sadly b/c of this i now love the series but cant stand not to have RE4 style controls and accuracy........i just couldn't get into RE 0 b/c of this or any others...i hate my friend for this of course but its a bitter/sweet hate