By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Question to PS3/360 owners about RE5 controller preference

Perhaps people would be more inclined to answer if there weren't people calling their answer wrong and bitching at them for having a differing opinion. Apparently when I prefer a different controller than the Wii I have to write a 5 page essay with references before SC will give in to the idea that other people have other opinions of things.

Around the Network

Haha it's so predictable, this thread. It doesn't seem that much ppl give it a chance....they just try it...feels different....automatic fail. It felt a bit crappy for me first up but now it's a bit difficult for me to go back to normal controls. I admit there is a certain extent to which i miss the challenge of using the laser pointer, but the claims here that the control are not as tight, and in tight situations the wiimote will fail you....is utter rubbish. If it's so 'easy' then why the hell would it fail you. Blatant denial. Make love, not fanboyism.

I would definitely prefer the PS3 version, mainly because the dual analog's feel. It's like I have complete control over the camera and movement at the same time in a comfortable linear position. The Wii version (if there was going to be one for RE5) might be more fun in an active sense, but I would rather focus on what's going on in the game rather than on the outside in terms of the control scheme. Eh, shaking the Wii-mote would take away from my subconcious mindset while playing the game.

This will only take a moment of your time. *steals your watch*

Torillian said:
Perhaps people would be more inclined to answer if there weren't people calling their answer wrong and bitching at them for having a differing opinion. Apparently when I prefer a different controller than the Wii I have to write a 5 page essay with references before SC will give in to the idea that other people have other opinions of things.

Of course not, but at least explain why dual shock is better. I never said anybodies opinions were wrong, I just wanted to know why they game to that conclusion.

OP

my greatest disapointment with RE5 is that it won't have the wiimote. RE5 is one of my most anticipated games, but I loathe dual analogue compared to a mouse or IR aiming (wiimote). It's going to take alot of getting used to to try and pull of head shots at will in RE5, where as in RE4wii I could easily shoot anyone anywhere at anytime, no matter how hectic things got. I will miss that greatly.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

@swyggi:

Swinging the remote is for swinging the knife. Nothing which breaks immersion really, actually just the opposite.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

RE4: Wii actually had classic controller support as well as Wiimote, so I would bet that IF Sony and/or Microsoft came out with Wiimote-like controller they would support both control methods for RE5 as well.

Yeah I would think that wii would be perfect for shooters. But I loved this game on gamecube with it's controller, would I buy a bootleg wiimote to play RE5? Nahh.

I really enjoyed playing RE4 with dual analog controls and I'm sure RE5 will be the same. If you have a problem with dual analog, wait for the inevitable port of this game to the Wii's successor and stop complaining.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

sc94597 said:
Torillian said:

Of course not, but at least explain why dual shock is better. I never said anybodies opinions were wrong, I just wanted to know why they game to that conclusion.

DVD is superior to VHS but out of personal preference people still use VHS , Blu-Ray is superior to DVD but people still choose to use DVD , the superiority or "betterness" of something doesn't always neccasserily mean it would be wrong to pick something inferior. If the invidual chooses VHS over DVD they have their own reasons for doing so you couldn't say they were incorrect for doing so.

This is not to say the Wii-Mote is in any way superior ( I see it more as an alternative ) but personal preference doesn't always require sufficient reason ," I prefer the dual shock i may not be exactly why but then I don't have to be" would be an adequet enough reason in my opinion.