By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Should Obama help Hillary retire her debt?

MrBubbles said:
i got an idea. Lets impose a windfall profits tax on obamas campaign and then redistribute the wealth to Hillary, who's poor.

Sounds good to me, I think it's an idea he should be able to get behind...

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

no, she can pay off her own debt

nope i dont think he should help her

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

She and Her husband are loaded... she can handle herself.

Okay, wait a sec. I've got to ask. What the hell is ANY candidate doing going into debt during their campaign? I mean, was she expecting to be able to make up her losses by getting in office? Whether she won or lost shouldn't have any effect over her financial state.

Is anyone else raising issue over this point?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Grey Acumen said:

Okay, wait a sec. I've got to ask. What the hell is ANY candidate doing going into debt during their campaign? I mean, was she expecting to be able to make up her losses by getting in office? Whether she won or lost shouldn't have any effect over her financial state.

Is anyone else raising issue over this point?

John McCain was in debt during his run too. He took out a loan and used the colateral that he could if needed get public funding to get the money.  Granted McCain actually had a legitamite backup plan rather then just debt...

The Clintons were having money problems the whole time.  I remember storys of people not being paid for stuff all over the place for even the little things.

No.. she kept going on long after it was apparent she wouldn't win... and its not as if Obama needs her now. Leave her to deal with the mess she's created.

I didn't donate to the Obama campaign, so I could pay off Hillary's debts.

Obama didn't spend her money so he shouldn't have to pay it back.

Oh, and Hillary Clinton is anything but poor. She and Bill are worth more than 99.9% of Americans. Is this being seriously talked about on the news networks or is this just a question for the forum? I haven't been watching the news since Obama won.

Obama and Hilary both suck, I hope they both go into debt.

It would be smart, though, on the other hand if he told people to donate. That could hurt him though, because people could think he is smug.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

@PDF
I agree with you that it would help him politically with Dems and women, no doubt. And she's a champ at fundraising herself, so she would most definitely recoup the money for him and then some. She's probably got a long list of potential deep-pocketed donors and a mailing list a mile long. She would be a big asset.

But I can't help feel queasy about the idea of her campaign being bailed out like that. As much of an asset as she is, she's also a liability, especially in this case. He does this and he's handing McCain the gun to shoot him with. They were already going to paint him as a 'tax and spend' liberal(that's how they've run every campaign since Goldwater), but if he pays off her campaign's debt it will be that much easier to get that message across that that's how he'll govern, as well. Hell, there's already been a post on this thread about it. Many Americans actually think the president has command of the budget(he does not, technically) and would buy that line of bullshit. And those people would switch to McCain.
Obama(like McCain) needs to worry about the people that are iffy on him, not the ones who're going to vote for him anyway. This could be a close election if he makes errors like this. Right now, the only one who can beat Obama is Obama.