By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How is XBL better than PSN?

This really is a serious question and I'm not trying to start a flame war. It's just that people always say that XBL is better than the PSN but they never say exactly why it's better. The only things I can see that it's better in is the cross-game invites/in-game chatting and the amount of content that is available for download. Also, the PSN has a couple advantages over XBL in that it's free and almost all games use dedicated servers instead of P2P for online gaming.

So, since I do not own an xbox 360 and I have little experience with XBL at friends' houses, what does XBL have that's better than the PSN other than more downloadable content? Please note this is assuming PS3 FW 2.40 does deliver the goods as far as in-game messaging, etc. are concerned. Also, I want to make sure you all know I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm just trying to figure out what XBL has (other than the in-game dashboard stuff) that the PSN does not.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

Xbox Live offers a lot more content with things like the Xbox Live arcade and the movie/tv show downloads (rental?). It also has the community features that the PSN is lacking making it a viable way to communicate with others prior, during, or after your done playing your games.

That's what I can name off the top of my head.

More content, and it has in game features which will be countered with the PS3's in game xmb.

mM
IllegalPaladin said:
Xbox Live offers a lot more content with things like the Xbox Live arcade and the movie/tv show downloads (rental?). It also has the community features that the PSN is lacking making it a viable way to communicate with others while playing your games.

That's what I can name off the top of my head.

would you elaborate? like, what community features? are you talking about gamerscore, etc? or what?

see, people seem to always say stuff like that, but no one is ever specific on what the heck it actually has.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

It's better in every way at the moment. Well worth the price.

Around the Network
Shameless said:

*cries*

why can't you guys be specific?

Edit: people say stuff like that all the time. I'm just wondering, specifically, what the heck is better on XBL than on PSN??!! I'm not trying to be a fanboy, I just really want to know...

Retrasado said:
Shameless said:

*cries*

why can't you guys be specific?

he isnt being specific, he is trolling.

mM

Marketplace has more titles, Arcade, Movie/Tv downloads, Communication is alot easier and alerting.

I am pretty tipsy right now, just got back from the boxing so that's just off the top of my head.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Because you have to pay for it. Paying for something makes it better. 

It sounds like illegal palidin is refering to text and voice chat in and out of game as community features.

Honestly I cant make a valid comparison I've never used PSN.

lol sad that people dont no.
I have both and besides content they are equal. with 2.40 xmb will be better because its free and by then the services will be equal.

If you want to rent movies XBL is better..... but if you want to save money and GAME online... PSN is better.

XBL does get content faster but thats only because its been out for so long.

Basicly they both do the same shit just one is free....

P.S. (I cant live without either so i have both)