Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 RPGs 2008

largedarryl said:
tombi123 said:
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Fallout 3

Plus some more I can't think of.

Is Valkyria Chronicles going to be localized?  I thought if it was, it wasn't going to be until 09.

Is there actually a release date for WKC.  I've heard many promises about going gold, but that doesn't mean release date.

Fallout 3 will not be a RPG, IMO.  Bethesda is making a FPSw/pause + stats that don't do anything.

IGN has Valkyria Chronicles for release in NA for November 1st.

Level 5 said WKC will go gold this year, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it got delayed till early next year. 

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
largedarryl said:
tombi123 said:
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Fallout 3

Is Valkyria Chronicles going to be localized?  I thought if it was, it wasn't going to be until 09.

Is there actually a release date for WKC.  I've heard many promises about going gold, but that doesn't mean release date.

Fallout 3 will not be a RPG, IMO.  Bethesda is making a FPSw/pause + stats that don't do anything.

Level 5 said WKC will go gold this year, but I wouldn't be that surprised if it got delayed till early next year. 

Of course, I forgot they haven't announced a delay to WKC yet.  So there are potentially 2 (3 if you count Fallout) RPG titles  going to be released for the PS3 this year, with the earliest one being released Nov.1

Wait, is White Knight Chronicles slated for this year??? Some one pleeeeeaaaaaaseeee tell me yes????

4 ≈ One

tombi123 said:
largedarryl said:
tombi123 said:
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Fallout 3

Is Valkyria Chronicles going to be localized? I thought if it was, it wasn't going to be until 09.

Is there actually a release date for WKC. I've heard many promises about going gold, but that doesn't mean release date.

Fallout 3 will not be a RPG, IMO. Bethesda is making a FPSw/pause + stats that don't do anything.

WKC must be vastly improved by now but there is still room for improvement

Valkyria Chronicles has been confirmed to release late this year in both NA and EU. Disgaea has been confirmed for US (a EU release will follow but I'm not sure if it will still be in 08).

Tears To Tiara and another (small) RPG will hit Japan this year, that's about all I know!

Around the Network

i hope that WKC comes out i am wanting some RPG's on my PS3.

End of 2008 Sales:

Wii- 39 Million 360- 25Million PS3- 22 Million

PSN: papasmurf5721

largedarryl said:
tombi123 said:
largedarryl said:
tombi123 said:
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 3
White Knight Chronicles
Fallout 3

Of course, I forgot they haven't announced a delay to WKC yet.  So there are potentially 2 (3 if you count Fallout) RPG titles  going to be released for the PS3 this year, with the earliest one being released Nov.1

White Knight Chronicles, Valkyrie Chronicles, and Disgaea 3... thats 3 plus fallout3 thats 4.

August 26th is the earliest for Disgaea3

Eternal Sonata
Valkyrie of the Battlefield
Disgaea 3
X Edge (Japan)
White Knight Chronicles (hopefully)
Fallout 3
Tears to Tiara

Eternal Sonata - Japan Only in September, no US nor EU release announced, probably never
Valkyrie *Chronicles (*fixed) - Yes in the US in October / November was the plan
Disgaea 3 - Yes in the US
X Edge (Japan) - only in Japan
White Knight Chronicles (hopefully) - not confirmed
Fallout 3 - not confirmed
Tears to Tiara - Japan Only

Only 2 confirmed PS3 RPG games, when you'll look at the Western releases, more like Strategy and the first one is releasing on August the 26th in the US, Disgaea 3 namely.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

I forgot Air Tonelico 2 by Irem (Busty Trot 2 is the japanese name I think ).