By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are some of the advantages of owning a wii over a PS3 or 360?

*bleu-ocelot* said:
In the long run,what would be the most satisfying purchase?

First Party Games since they have somthing for everyone!

Former something....

Around the Network

That depends, doesn't it?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

*bleu-ocelot* said:
What are some of the advantages? I wouldn't mind getting a wii,but what advantages are there to buying one over a 360,or PS3 for that matter? For the hardcore gamer.^^Discuss.

The advantages are, as a hardcore gamers, you should want to play the excellent hardcore titles on the console, particularly those made by Nintendo.

My question is, as a hardcore gamer, how could you not play Mario Galaxy? You couldn't. At least wanting to play that game is a requirement for being a hardcore gamer, so your question is moot, isn't it?

I'm just talking like this as a parody of the "hardcore" mentallity. Wii foeboys abound and haters must be owned, ect, and so-forth.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

RolStoppable said:
It attracts women in large numbers.

WTF

Arent you a women?

mM
fkusumot said:
RolStoppable said:

Because we all know super models randomly knocks on the door if you own Wii. It happend to me twice last week. We were going to have sex but since No More Heroes is better than sex we played that all night.

True story.

Shake and bake, it just happend.

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Super Mario Galaxy. Bar-none.

Unless you've never played Twilight Princess, in which case u is deds tah mees.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

*bleu-ocelot* said:

Whichever satisfies you the most!

What you just said opens a very subjective conversation. It really just depends on your personal taste.

RolStoppable said:
leo-j said:
RolStoppable said:

WTF

Arent you a women?

Even if, I don't see a problem.

Not to stray off topic, but the implications are that Leo-J has been fantasizing about his image of you. Late at night, under the covers, who knows what dirty deeds those images might have caused, lol. It's like he eye-molested his image of you as a woman. You should feel violated and creeped out.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

1. The games.
In particular Nintendo games and some exclusive 3rd party games, but also some of the exclusive features of multiplats (PES 08 or Tiger Woods for example)

2.The games.
The virtual console and now Wiiware titles (PSN offers similar stuff to Wiiware though)

3.The games.
100% compatible with all GC games.

4.Other reasons.
Small and compact console, sturdy and reliable. Excellent web browser (needs new version of flash though). Channel system interface is starting to come into it's own with game specific channels (I can check my friends MK time trials without swapping the disc, Wii Fit channel is supposedly more useful)

Games are the main reason of course, after all it is a gaming console.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
*bleu-ocelot* said:

Super Mario Galaxy. Bar-none.

Unless you've never played Twilight Princess, in which case u is deds tah mees.

I can see myself liking Mario Galaxy,but haven't liked Mario since Super Mario 64.SunShine was lacking.imo Zelda:The Twighlight princess.I've been meaning to play,but i can easily get a GC and play it.