By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Framerate of PS3 Games

Madden 09 :

PS3 60fps
Xbow360 60fps

This time : Sony = MS

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Aren't Madden and The Orange Box both EA-developed? Well, TOB is a Valve game but the PS3 port was handled by EA.

I haven't noticed anything yet, although I guess it's because I own only one multiplatform game, Oblivion. By brother owns GTAIV, though. I've played Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars's demo once in a very fast pace and didn't notice anything big even though I've heard it has serious framerate issues. But then again it could be just because I played with bots and I didn't have much time.

games seem ok now, its more on the developers side. thats the problem.

cod4,gta4,burnout,dmc4 are all great

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

ps3 games are slightly better now in my opinion

Respect for compans: SONY > NINTENDO >>>>>>>>>> MICROSOFT

I haven't seen a hint of slow down ever in my short time as a PS3 Owner, seems to be solid to me, perhaps I just missed that rough patch of early ports, but I think that old criticism of frame rates bogging down to 'unplayable' levels really needs to be shown the door.

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Around the Network

i hardly noticed the slowdown on Orange Box, only in Episode 1 and 2

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Thanks for the input guys.
It's a bummer about the Half-Life's slowdown, because I've never played that franchise (and I know I need to) and I was planning on it when I finally picked up an HD console. Valve seems to have a better relationship with Microsoft than it does with Sony in general (Left4Dead is also only left 4 360 and PC), and that was a deciding factor for me when choosing between the 360 and PS3. Lately though, I've decided that I should just get a Steam account for my Valve games (among others), and pick up the PS3 as my HD console of choice.