By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the MGS4 week two drop be the biggest in history?

Well, if the preliminary data is a hint of the sales looks like some people were right about this game been very front loaded, it reached around 50% of the last games sales in just a week, right now it will only fade away with some spikes, but hey, I could be wrong...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

Hardware boost is going to depend entirely on how fast Sony can get those 80gb bundles restocked. From the sounds of it, there were virtually none shipped this past week. If they can get their act together, we ought to see the numbers start to climb again.

sony sales will continue to go up :) well I mean from the usual not the spike they just had

maybe in japan but not WW

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Doubt it WW.

I think the prelim data we have Others is a 59% drop in UK, I would expect a smaller drop in Continental Europe (50%) and add the fact that Spain is only getting the game this week and overall a 50% drop for Others seem about right.

For NA I would guess around a 65% drop ( US like Japan and UK is much more frontloaded than the rest of the western world).

So overall something like 205k Others, 60k Japan ( I still don't believe the prelim data, it's either more MGS4 or less PS3 but both numbers together don't make sense) and 160k NA for a total of 425k Units...

I expect next week drop to be a lot smaller in NA if Sony manages to restock the bundle in significant numbers..

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

From the shortages that were reported I highly doubt there will be a big drop-off. All previous MGS titles sold fine and this is the PS3's first big exclusive... It isn't a niche game.