By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eternal Sonata PS3 = September 18

A bit annoying it is not coming to Europe

Around the Network

Never say never, Tales of Eternia didn't release in the US but still did in Europe. But yeah, I really hate Namco when it comes to localizing games, they're the most lazy ones of doing that. Tales of Tempest, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2!!), just a few examples... I wish that S.E. would have released it instead then we most definitely would have seen a Western release.

I think I'll buy the JP version anyhow, with or without English input. Know some Japanese or else its time I'll grab my DS dictionary.

Any idea if Tears to Tiara will be localized?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:

Never say never, Tales of Eternia didn't release in the US but still did in Europe. But yeah, I really hate Namco when it comes to localizing games, they're the most lazy ones of doing that. Tales of Tempest, Tales of Innocence, Tales of Rebirth, Tales of Destiny 2 (PS2!!), just a few examples... I wish that S.E. would have released it instead then we most definitely would have seen a Western release.

I think I'll buy the JP version anyhow, with or without English input. Know some Japanese or else its time I'll grab my DS dictionary.

No word on that yet.

I didn't think that'd be your type of RPG. >_>

I hope they add an English language option... or annouce that their going to send the game to western markets. I mean seriously don't they want money ? They already translated the game for 360 -- therefore they should be able to bring it to western market preety easily ...

I really hope it gets a NA release. There's no way I'm buying a 360 for that, Tales of Vesperia and Star Ocean.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

The only reason its not coming in NA or Europe is becuase of microsoft, they have to have some sort of deal that they cant release that game anywhere else.

mM
Soriku said:
*~Onna76~* said:

What? ToE was released in the US on the PS1 as Tales of Destiny II. The PSP version never came to NA, but...

And yeah, I agree with the rest about Namco localization. Tales of Destiny 2 sold near 900k in Japan ALONE...and they don't localize it? WTF Namco? Innocence was getting a lot of hype and then they say "Sorry, no plans for localization lulz." WTF Namco? Nintendo freaking localize it now! >:o And I'm still scarred by ToD2 V_V They should make a Wii remake or something and actually localize it.

I think she meant the PSP version.

Atleast we have a date now. =)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Well ,at least there is a release date.I hope it will make the trip to the US and EU ,after all Atari bought the rights for just that.

Soriku said:
*~Onna76~* said:

What? ToE was released in the US on the PS1 as Tales of Destiny II. The PSP version never came to NA, but...

And yeah, I agree with the rest about Namco localization. Tales of Destiny 2 sold near 900k in Japan ALONE...and they don't localize it? WTF Namco? Innocence was getting a lot of hype and then they say "Sorry, no plans for localization lulz." WTF Namco? Nintendo freaking localize it now! >:o And I'm still scarred by ToD2 V_V They should make a Wii remake or something and actually localize it.

Sorry, meant the PSP version Its a remake of the PS version which is called in the US Tales of Destiny II. That name is wrong, and later corrected by the Americans, as a Tales of Destiny II, a real sequel on the PS2 was released in Japan.

Namco US didn't find it useful to release it in the US, which was quite dumb, as its one of the best RPG's on the PSP.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo