By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Front Page messed up in Firefox 3.0

Like I said I created a new profile (Firefox's default settings) and it still looks like that. I'm running Firefox 3.0 on Windows XP SP3. The only thing that might be unusual is that I'm running with the DPI set to "Large size (120 DPI)", but that shouldn't make a difference since like I said it looks fine in IE 7.

Edit: I can get the page to look okay if I zoom out "text" only twice.  But the default text zoom looks bad.  Zooming the whole page (not text only) doesn't help.

Around the Network

Fine here, using the linux version.

No problems for me and I'm using Firefox 3 as well.

Its what @Grey Acumen said. Go to that dialog and change the "minimum" font setting to "none".

If you want text to be larger, you can use ctrl+ to increase the zoom level. You can also use the NoSquint extension to set a larger default zoom level.

FYI, link to NoSquint.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2592

Around the Network

Here's my font settings (they're the default):

Size: 16
Monos size: 13
Minimum Font size: none
Allow pages to use their own fonts: checked

I found the problem in vg3.css in the following lines:

#salesreg a {vg3.css (line 191)
color:#000000;
font-size:7.5pt;
font-weight:bold;
}

I used Firebug to change the font-size from: "7.5pt" to "7.5" and everything looks fine at that point.  7.5pt is supposed to be about 1/10 of an inch but it looks pretty big to me.  Note: "6pt" also works.

morac said:

Here's my font settings (they're the default):

Size: 16
Monos size: 13
Minimum Font size: none
Allow pages to use their own fonts: checked

I found the problem in vg3.css in the following lines:

#salesreg a {vg3.css (line 191)
color:#000000;
font-size:7.5pt;
font-weight:bold;
}

I used Firebug to change the font-size from: "7.5pt" to "7.5" and everything looks fine at that point.  7.5pt is supposed to be about 1/10 of an inch but it looks pretty big to me.  Note: "6pt" also works.

Hmmm, well, then I have no idea why it would work fine for everybody else.

Nothing I did inside Firefox would fix it so I fixed it by adding the following lines to my userContent.css file:

@-moz-document domain(vgchartz.com) {
    #salestot { font-size:14pt !important; }
    #salesreg a { font-size:6pt !important; }
}

Now it displays correctly. Not sure why I need to do this unless it's DPI related.

It's fine for me too...

Okay for some reason it's displaying strangely in IE 7 and Opera 9.5 on my machine (though at least it's readable in those two browsers). So therefore I'm convinced it has something to do with me using 120 DPI on my laptop. The "normal" setting is 96 DPI.

Still this is the only web page I've seen that doesn't look correct at that setting and I've had it like that for years.