By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Concept of perfection- Is it attainable?

This topic is about whether or not a game can be truly perfect. A disclaimer to start things off, I am in no way mocking games that were well recieved. GTA and MGS fans ease up, this topic is not about bashing those games.

In my opinion a game cannot be perfect, as in having no flaws or errors in some way or shape. The perfect game should appeal to anyone, whether they hardly play games or have been a lifelong gamer. Such a game should appeal to all audiences and appease all preferences. It should draw in fans of a story, fans of fast action, tactics, simplicity, puzzles, all types should be covered. And with so much to cover and with many possible contradictions the perfect game seems impossible.

Opinions? Yet again, not an attack on any game that did well but a (hopefully) thoughtful discussion...

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

Nothing is perfect in life.

/end topic

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

What she said..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Tetris.

Perfection is relative, a perfect game to me is not necessarily a perfect game to you. With billions of people in the world there is no one perfect game in even a conceptual sense, even within a specific genre.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Chrizum said:
Tetris.

Seconded. You read my mind sir. Tetris may not be everyone's cup of tea, but i've yet to meet anyone on earth that didn't like playing it and the design of the game is perfect in the same way Chess is. EW just recently made a list of the best games of the last 25 years and Tetris came in as the winner. Well deserved.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

True perfection has to be imperfect
I know that that sounds foolish but it's true

Super Mario Bros.

Other than that, it's impossible.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I agree with Tetris, and the 1st Super Mario Bros. is very close too.

Universally perfect? Or in the eyes of everyone? A game with photorealistic graphics were you can brutally murder others in a simulated war yet feel no pain yourself may be a "perfect" game for alot of FPS fans, but I persaonlly would hate it. If perfect means no flaws, then nothing can be perfect. If someone does everyone perfectly, yet one person doesn't like them, that perfect person isn't perfect anymore.