By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware sales are going up in Japan

I think the PS3 sales are going to go down in Japan until they start going up again.

I can't predict how much it will go down, nor how fast, but it will happen.

:)

Tease.

Around the Network

Unlike Squillam I predict the PS3 will mantain a balance. Hardcore gamers needed an excuse to buy the system, now they have one. With E3 around the bend and Little Big Planet marching ts drum, and the rumored FFXIII this year in Japan, this could prove a hit for Sony in terms of sales.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

^no i dont think it could mantain a balance,it will fall this week

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'm expecting PS3 sales to stay above 15k for a while, about 1- 1.5 months. PS3 certainly has done better in japan than i expected before the MGS launch

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

^yeah it will saty above 15k,but it wont stay above wii like some say

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
talkingparrot said:

Unlike Squillam I predict the PS3 will mantain a balance. Hardcore gamers needed an excuse to buy the system, now they have one. With E3 around the bend and Little Big Planet marching ts drum, and the rumored FFXIII this year in Japan, this could prove a hit for Sony in terms of sales.

well this guy will eat some crow..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

It's hard to say as personally I don't feel the preliminary data for Japan we have been given make a lot of sense.

25-45k PS3 with only 42k MGS4 just doesn't make any sense at all seeing how the PS3 was selling 10k units before MGS4.

Why would so many wait after MGS4 release to buy a PS3 if they don't buy the game with it ????????

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !