By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware sales are going up in Japan

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Next week sales will be 110k.Beating the wii by at leat 75k.At this rate,the PS3 will outsell the wii in about 1.5 years time.

I really hope that is sarcasm...

Former something....

Around the Network

@bleu: Your jokes aren't even funny... Check the Jap preview, according to it PS3 sold in between 25-45k while the Wii sold 40-50k. The MGS4 effect lasted one week only. There you go.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@bleu: Your jokes aren't even funny... Check the Jap preview, according to it PS3 sold in between 25-45k while the Wii sold 40-50k. The MGS4 effect lasted one week only. There you go.

Eh, I say two. 25-45k is still well above the norm.

trestres said:

^ Edit: I read fix instead of FFXIII, you should use caps and proper roman numbers when you mean to name a game -.-

omfg, how pety

If at some point in the future it does come down to having to pick either MS or Nintendo, then I really don't know what to do because neither one is really taking gaming in a direction that I would like for it to go.

Around the Network

I predict that Sony won't sell another PS3 for another 10 weeks. Pretty much all the Japanese that wanted one now bought it for MGS4.

:)

Tease.

blazinhead89 said:
trestres said:

^ Edit: I read fix instead of FFXIII, you should use caps and proper roman numbers when you mean to name a game -.-

omfg, how pety

I thought he said that he was waiting for a number fix for the MGS4 week to happen, as he wrote ffiiix instead of FFXIII.

Being lazy leads to those misunderstandings.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

according to the preliminary it seems the second week will be lower then what some users thought it would be

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I predicted 25K or less sales for the PS3 for this past week (week after MGS4) in the other thread in the Sony forum several days ago and I'm sticking w/my prediction.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I was actually expecting it to jump to 100k, but it seems i was being a bit to optimistic.

still, 81k is definitely a good number. I think it should stay above or around 20k until the end of july.

And as for the lifetime sales of the PS3 in japan, while 20 million does sound like a bit of an exaggeration, i will not discount the possibility. If FFXIII moves enough consoles, and if the PS3 gets some good RPG support, it has the potential to happen. In reality, however, Im thinking around 12-15 mil LTD

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison