By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware sales are going up in Japan

Any increase is an increase....no need to be a dick about the PS3 sales dolemite.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 will sell over 20 million LTD by the end of the PS3's lifespan in Japan.

When sales suck, I will say it out loud. 15k per week for a PS branded console is bad.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Hegarol2 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I wanted to type 10 million. But being optimistic I thought put down 20 million LTD in Japan.

kowenicki said:
Rock_on_2008 said:
Hegarol2 said:
Rock_on_2008 said:

I wanted to type 10 million. But being optimistic I thought put down 20 million LTD in Japan.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS3&reg3=Japan&weeks=400

looking at this, 20m would be a miracle!

15 million would be a more realistic target for total PS3 LTD in Japan.

Around the Network

PS3 console sales are improving in Japan. In comparison X360 console sales are dead- below 2000 most weeks. JRPG's are doing nothing to improve the X360 situation in Japan.
Japanese have rejected the foreign X360 console and buy mainly the Nintendo Wii and portables followed by the PS3.

Rock_on_2008 said:
PS3 console sales are improving in Japan. In comparison X360 console sales are dead- below 2000 most weeks. JRPG's are doing nothing to improve the X360 situation in Japan.
Japanese have rejected the foreign X360 console and buy mainly the Nintendo Wii and portables followed by the PS3.

Where are PS3 sales improving? They have been at 10k for months. Just because we have one big week doesn't mean anything. It will be back to 10-15k very shortly.

With 15k weeks (without holiday), PS3 needs over 1150 weeks to reach 20 million. Thats just out of the question.

I predict 35-70k

For HW sales, Im aiming to around 45 maybe 50k.

mM

Looks at PSP in Japan. Hmmmmmmmmm

The PS3 is just taking a walk in the park in Japan and as soon as it gets

- A slim version
- A variety of colours
- Final Fantasy Games
- One quality RPG every month
- A price cut
- Gets BC back

I predict it will go back to the 30,000-50,000 range.

It would be difficult for them to go down from the recent terrible sales numbers unless people were returning them.