By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware sales are going up in Japan

Over 81k PS3 HW sales in last week for MGS 4 launch. 70 k increase upon the previous week of 11k. How many PS3 HW sales for this week? I predict over 50k- continuation of MGS 4 launch week. The 80k last week only counted three days. 12 to 14 June. PS3 HW weekly sales will stay above 15 k in Japan. Some upcoming PS3 titles will further move PS3 consoles.

Discuss: "Will we see a continuous improvement in Japan weekly PS3 HW sales?" That is stay over 15k weekly Japan sales for PS3 HW.

Around the Network

I think it'll shoot down like a rocket, but at least we'll have over 20k in Japan for a while.

Torillian said:
I think it'll shoot down like a rocket, but at least we'll have over 20k in Japan for a while.

I concur.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

I predict 40k. It will slowly decline imo. Next week it will go to 15k, and stay there for the rest of the year not counting big releases. I think FFXIII and Versus will have a larger impact though, and increase sales for about a month.

yes i saythe ps3 will stay between 15k and 20 k for a couple of months who knows maybe MGS4 will wake people up and really show what the ps3 can do

Be honest with nobody and lie to your self MGS4 best game EVER on ps3 :?!!!!!!!

Around the Network

It will be good if PS3 can stay over 15k in japan and with good PS3 game launches sell over 50k for a  week in Japan. FF XIII and FF XIII Versus will be out within a year hopefully and their launch weeks should shift over 150k consoles for PS3 in a week in Japan. Xmas sales should see 50k PS3's sold a week.

15k isn't that hard. Although I believe there will be oscillations in between.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

"Hardware sales rise with the release of a big game! News at 11!"

Sorry. I don't think it'll stay up there for too long, but it'll probably have a few 20k weeks.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

PS3 will sell over 20 million LTD by the end of the PS3's lifespan in Japan.

Do people realize that 15k is nearly as pathetic as 10k per week. Nothing to look forward to.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger