By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The sales of the 360 are going up in Japan.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Darc Requiem said:
Videogirl said:
JaggedSac said:
I believe Japanese people view Microsoft as a 200ft monster that wants to destroy them.

No, they just don't buy shoddy products.

So how do you explain the PS1 and PS2 winning in Japan with their shoddy construction and the PS3 floundering with solid construction?

You're actually comparing the 360's problems with the PS1 and PS2? DRE is a fixable feat.RROD is not,only replacements.

Shoddy construction is shoddy construction. A well constructed console only requires you to insert your game and turn the system on. Not to open it up and try to fix a design flaw or mailing your console back to the manufacturer for replacement.

Around the Network

SO4 will help it out more then those games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This thread got an interesting turn. But back to original one; X360 will hardly sell more than 4k a week. Maybe during xmas it can reach 10k. X360 has a serious problem in Japan: shelf space. And it's getting worse.

Lost my faith in VGChartz. Too many stupid and ignorant Americans, even as moderators.

It's a shame, really. "The Boss" should do something radical about this Americanization, but it seems hardly feasible, so my days here are numbered.

OR DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN

o that reminds me of that song lol

Did you know that such a large portion of the Japanese population is over 60 that they are developing robots to take care of them because there aren't enough young people to do that and keep the country's economy afloat.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:
Videogirl said:
JaggedSac said:
I believe Japanese people view Microsoft as a 200ft monster that wants to destroy them.

No, they just don't buy shoddy products.

So how do you explain the PS1 and PS2 winning in Japan with their shoddy construction and the PS3 floundering with solid construction?

Stange. According to this chart, the PS3 is not floundering (unless compared to the Wii):

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&weeks=150

Anyway, back on topic, i hope the 360 does start picking up sales in Japan. the more competition, the better for the gamer.

edit: re-read your post, sorry I missed what you were getting at...

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=PS2&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS3&reg2=Japan&cons3=PS&reg3=Japan&weeks=150

maybe they do buy shoddy products. but they certainly don't like the 360 at the moment

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

This weeks Japan preview hints that the 360 is....still selling poorly

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

The 360 is simply stuck on the limbo all non-dominant consoles are in japan: low regular sales, spikes for some titles then back to regular suckage. Japan has always been a one console country and so far there's no room for anything besides the wii. The ps3 is in the same boat as the 360, just that the regular sales are slightly higher - but it's still the same trend.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

the 360 is dead in japan, i am almost certain that the release of those rpg's will do almost NOTHING to help.

why those companies snubbed the ps3 for the 360 to release their games is still beyond me. either ms paid them a heck of a lot of money, or they have no sense at all, because it'spretty obvious as to which console will bring them more money, even if it does cost more to develop for the ps3.

The ps3 is in the same boat as the 360

The PS3 has 33% of the userbase in Japan that's bad but nothing compared with the 360 which is hopeless. Or in other words the PS3 has a good chance of at least a decent market share. Microsoft should drop Japan and use the lost money in a more useful way.

Edit: Damn cannot do percentages anymore. 33% of the Wii that is ~ 25% of the nextgen consoles.