By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, how is your Wii Fit program going?

Having had Wii Fit for nearly a month now, I have lost a measly 1 kg in total. Lately however, my enthusiasm for Wii Fit has been diminishing.

To begin with, I’d put in around an hour or so, but this has gradually decreased to around half an hour per session. To be fair, my routine is more intensive now than it was in the beginning, since I’ve begun to limit myself to only the most rigorous exercises. This consists of several repetitions of jackknives, push ups, parallel stretches, and lunges followed by a ten minutes of boxing and at least three minutes of hula hooping.

I’ve definitely noticed some improvement, given my admittedly lazy lifestyle beforehand. Like I said however, motivation has been declining recently. Initially, I’d use it every day, but gradually this has been reduced to five days a week, and although I plan on using it today, I’ve had a three day break. Of course, like all exercise, it’s become something of a chore.

So how has Wii Fit been for you? Do you still use it daily, or has your regime fallen by the wayside? Have you noticed any improvements? Discuss.

Around the Network

Its going great in just 3 days I lost 32 pounds.

The reason? Well its simple playing wii fit the whole day makes you lost a trememdous amount of weight, Ive only had it for like I said 3 days.

My old weight was 140 now its 110.

Its so good I literally lost all the muscle mass doing it, stepping on a board and rotating my gludius maximus has never been so fun =D

mM

I'm still trying to get under 24 seconds on the ski slalom.

I don't have Wii Fit ... I recently bought it online, but since my sister's birthday is next month (and she desperately wants Wii Fit) I'm going to give it to her; if I can find another copy I will probably buy it to try it out, but I'm not as interested in it as a weight loss device as I am for a controller for other games.

32 days 4.5lbs lighter, i try to use it atleast 4times a week for an hr.

i have also noticed changes in my abs and i am physically stronger than i was a month ago , so doing good so far

Around the Network

Picked it up launch morning - down about 7-8 Lbs.

I do 20 - 30 minutes of Aerobic with is every morning

Fine hypothetically, hypothetically I lost 20 pounds already I need to lose 5 more, of course hypothetically I preordered it, or hypothetically it's in stock.

Reality is I was dumb and didn't preorder the thing - I put too much faith into Nintendo not going with the supply issue this year...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@leo-j, If you don't have anything that is real to say about the topic, then don't.

@topic,

I've lost ~3.5lb in 31 days. I should be at 5lb, but I started working overtime (10-11hr days), and my Wii Fit regime took a hit, and so did my diet. At least Wii Fit has guilted me back into exercising again and eating better.

As for what I actually do with it. I used to do all the exercises and games, but now I just do most the muscle training exercises, the yoga stretches (not the ones to build muscle) and then either do 10min hula hoop, or run around the house, or go skating. I try to do 30min, but It went from every day to about every other day.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Wii fit craze is begining to remind me of my Wii craze - first I didn't care for it I knew I'd get it eventually, then I wanted one but was in no rush for one, then I saw brawl and knew I had to get one sooner than later, then I trie to get one and *sad faces* went to manhattan (nintendo store) for 2 months every saturday to see if they had Wii's in stock, finally waited on line chilled outside of the store wtih this lady aparantly from japan, she had a daughter with elephantitis in her jaw.. I felt kind of sad for her - she wasn't online for a Wii though, they just wanted to see the Nintendo store in america; aparantly she had been a Nintendo fan since Famicom, her daughter seemed happy beside her; lost in her DS.

But eventually got it and the guy and the store reccomended Zelda then I went for PoP also he said get the GC version not the Wii version.. I got the Wii version a month later and cried myself to sleep...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

9 lbs in a month.

I used to do about an hour or so the first 2 weeks, but I slowed it down to 30 minutes of Free Step and some Strength training.

On the weekends, I do some Yoga and usually try to beat some of my Balance records.