By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - You can update WiiWare titles via Wii Shop Channel??

Yeah, I noticed it this morning to check and see if there were any updates for Wii Channels. On the screen for the Shop Channel, it said there was an update for My Pokemon Ranch, so I went back into the WiiWare section and I updated it. The download wrote over the previous data I downloaded when I first bought the game via Points (not meaning my Pokemon were lost, but the game data, not saved data), but I wonder what it fixed...?

Around the Network

Patch possible confirmed.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Maybe it lowered the blocks taken up by the game???

You don´t see any diference?

Maybe it fixes some errors or something.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

Its probally the same as when they did it for some VC games, I updated my Starfox64 but never noticed a difference, there was also another game i updated but cant rember now. Its probally minor bugs that 99.9% of people wont encounter.

Star fox's controls were too sensitive originally and they tightened them up with the update.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Thatmax said:
Maybe it lowered the blocks taken up by the game???

Nope, the game already took 123 blocks to download and such. Maybe it was to anticipate the arrival of Platinum this year for Japan? My Wii isn't Japanese, but incase you were to get it via importing and then putting those Pokemon on the Wii, it could be it. Or it was to fix bugs, as someone else mentioned...

They fixed a typo in the text Toki Tori sends you through an update too. That was through a regular update though, and they didn't mention it. (I saw it, because I love correcting typos. Still no reason to complain my writing though.)

FF:CC:MLaaK also had a bug updated I believe. A lvl 18 team of 4 White Mages could defeat the final boss in 1 day.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I have updated a couple of VC games, nothing noticable is changed except sometimes it takes fewer blocks.