By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - FFTA2 gets 7.0 from GameSpot.

GameSpot Score7.0good

Grimoire of the Rift returns you to Ivalice for a gratifying but tired tactical strategy romp.

The Good

• Great presentation
  • Good musical score
  • Plenty of depth.

The Bad

• Excessively long battles with little payoff
  • Weak stylus controls
  • Restrictive battle rules.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

Seems about right for a tactics game.

Nobody seems to like the rules. I like em. They make the game challenging. (Or at least did the first one.)

Forced you to develop many different kinds of characters. Which wasn't a problem since all the classes were decently balanced.

ign gave it 9.0 and i trust them more no offense gamespot

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I don't like the battle rules, but the rest of the "negatives" are not really negatives. FFT battles were always long, this is no different than any of them. Not only that, the weak stylus controls don't really mean much imo. You can only do so much with the stylus in this type of game. The only real complaint I can see is that you can't rotate the map or zoom in. That might get annoying. All in all, I'd say this will be a great pickup.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Good score, even IGN scored it higher, so we're in front of a great game. Thanks for reminding us kingofwale.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Yeah, I can live with the bads in this game. Pretty much what I expect from a FFTA sequel. I didn't mind the laws, there were really easy to avoid the really crappy ones. You know which ones I'm talking about >.> "Damage to: Monsters" Bleh, no, that's why you walk around for a few days and you're set :3

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

It sounds like the character management will be a balst, like the first one. Hopefully this game requires at least a little strategy. Lack of Strategy and lack of story pulled down FFTA's great game play and music.

I liked the first one, on GBA, it was the only GBA game I finished 2 separate times. It is one of the reason I got interested in SRPG.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

I just reaquired the GBA game and this is a must buy for me.

Double post.