By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has the 360 reached it's limit?

Oh come on, the OP is backing himself up from N4G! Hello?! that site is basically full of Xbox haters so don't expect those Sony fanboys to say anything nice about Gears 2.

If you agree with them then you should probably join N4G.

I could easily say that the PS3 is maxed out because Kojima said he is using the cell to the limit. But i know that doesn't mean the whole PS3 is maxed out.

Basically, this talk is started by people that have never touched a 360.

Looking at some of the comments from some users, i would reccomend that they join N4G, then they will find no one to argue with.

Around the Network

*reads comments*

Another day, another thread full of pointless arguing.

So what? What if Gears of War 2 (or any other game, for that matter) has fully tapped the 360's hardware (it hasn't, by the way, I'm making a point here). It's still going to be a great game that will be a blast to play.

In the end, great games will come out, they will look great, and it will be fun to play. It just bugs me a bit when we try to trivialize something that really doesn't matter.

*end mini pseudo rant*

FilaBrasileiro said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't internet speculation and group-think also dictate that the original GoW still looks better than any game on the PS3? This site is pretty Sony friendly, so you might not have heard that, but it's the common view.

I disagree. I think the games look like crap. Dark, grey, ugly.

The best looking games are multiplat, CoD4, GRiD, Assassin's Creed. In most cases, it's impossible to tell the difference, and I'd say that if the 360's tapped, then so is the PS3, because having owned both systems, the difference graphically is so small, it is inconsequential. As in, it makes absolutely no difference which console a game is on graphically as long as the developers don't screw it up.

Of course, that's contrary to Sony's promises, but it's the truth, and topics like this are really grasping for straws. Just silly.

Not on GAF and Beyond3D, no.

When you address me, please be clear and concise. I detest having to ask people what they mean.

I'll assume that you mean on gaf and Beyond3D they don't consider Gears of War the best looking console game of this generation. I doubt they all have a concensus, but I'll admit that you probably have a superior knowledge of those forums than I do.

Besides the obvious assertion by me that the most commonly named game via internet fanboy; for best graphics on a console is Gears of War, which is, imo, a correct assertion despite your anecdotal evidence to the contrary, what do you think the almighty gaf says is the best looking console game so far? Because we all know that the majority of gaf posters are smarter than us, and especially smarter than me despite their classification by me as sheep. So, let's hear it my friend. Let's hear what rubbish you think is the most commonly named game for "best graphics" on a console that has already been released, and if you were going to say MGS4, skip it.

You see, whichever game actually has the best graphics on a console is an opinion, purely. However, which game is the most commonly named game on the subject of best graphics, is a measurable fact. Being somewhat of an expert on wasting my time owning fanboys via internet message forums, I think that my expert opinion would lean towards GRiD, CoD4, Uncharted, and Gears of War, with the latter beating the formers combined and doubled.

Let's not mince words here. The internet is aloof with Sony fanboys, god only knows how there are so many of them, but they are, and denying generally accepted beliefs is a main taking point in their lobby to promote the PS3 in the PR realm as the console to own this gen. Wii fanboys, generally, are just looking for a plate at the table, and 360 fanboys, few and far between they may be, have such a great gaming console to back that it probably explains where they spend their time while not arguing the quality of their console on interent forums.

I don't like gaf or anyone that spends time there, and that goes far and beyond any little talking point I have so excellently created in this thread.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

When you address me, please be clear and concise. I detest having to ask people what they mean.

I'll assume that you mean on gaf and Beyond3D they don't consider Gears of War the best looking console game of this generation. I doubt they all have a concensus, but I'll admit that you probably have a superior knowledge of those forums than I do.

Besides the obvious assertion by me that the most commonly named game via internet fanboy; for best graphics on a console is Gears of War, which is, imo, a correct assertion despite your anecdotal evidence to the contrary, what do you think the almighty gaf says is the best looking console game so far? Because we all know that the majority of gaf posters are smarter than us, and especially smarter than me despite their classification by me as sheep. So, let's hear it my friend. Let's hear what rubbish you think is the most commonly named game for "best graphics" on a console that has already been released, and if you were going to say MGS4, skip it.

You see, whichever game actually has the best graphics on a console is an opinion, purely. However, which game is the most commonly named game on the subject of best graphics, is a measurable fact. Being somewhat of an expert on wasting my time owning fanboys via internet message forums, I think that my expert opinion would lean towards GRiD, CoD4, Uncharted, and Gears of War, with the latter beating the formers combined and doubled.

Let's not mince words here. The internet is aloof with Sony fanboys, god only knows how there are so many of them, but they are, and denying generally accepted beliefs is a main taking point in their lobby to promote the PS3 in the PR realm as the console to own this gen. Wii fanboys, generally, are just looking for a plate at the table, and 360 fanboys, few and far between they may be, have such a great gaming console to back that it probably explains where they spend their time while not arguing the quality of their console on interent forums.

I don't like gaf or anyone that spends time there, and that goes far and beyond any little talking point I have so excellently created in this thread.

When you address me? LOL....What the hell is wrong with you and what's your problem? You asked about internet speculation and which was the better looking game and I gave you 2 forums where the majority thinks Uncharted looks better than Gears and then you proceed to downplay GAF and tell me about anectodal evidence and how people there are sheep and how you hate them, basically you started ranting off-topic on your GAF bashing quest, kind of reminds me of your revenge on your internet foes due to MGS4 and NG2 scores. There's no evidence, you just have to look and play the games. Just because the majority of people disagree with you doesn't mean you have to get all bitter and defensive.

Anyways, my answer was short and to the point. At those forums, the general consensus is that Uncharted looks better than Gears. Obviously there'll be some such as yourself that disagree. I have played both on a 1080p capable TV and I have to say that Uncharted looks better even though I think Gears is a better game mainly due to how much fun the Co-Op campaign and MP was.

In terms of fanboys numbers on the net it goes Nintendo fanboys>Sony fanboys>Microsoft fanboys

And of course there are the hates and they go Sony haters>Nintendo haters>Microsoft haters

It seems like you like being part of the popular crowd.

FilaBrasileiro said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

When you address me? LOL....What the hell is wrong with you and what's your problem? You asked about internet speculation and which was the better looking game and I gave you 2 forums where the majority thinks Uncharted looks better than Gears and then you proceed to downplay GAF and tell me about anectodal evidence and how people there are sheep and how you hate them, basically you started ranting off-topic on your GAF bashing quest, kind of reminds me of your revenge on your internet foes due to MGS4 and NG2 scores. There's no evidence, you just have to look and play the games. Just because the majority of people disagree with you doesn't mean you have to get all bitter and defensive.

Anyways, my answer was short and to the point. At those forums, the general consensus is that Uncharted looks better than Gears. Obviously there'll be some such as yourself that disagree. I have played both on a 1080p capable TV and I have to say that Uncharted looks better even though I think Gears is a better game mainly due to how much fun the Co-Op campaign and MP was.

In terms of fanboys numbers on the net it goes Nintendo fanboys>Sony fanboys>Microsoft fanboys

And of course there are the hates and they go Sony haters>Nintendo haters>Microsoft haters

Dude: The people from B3D ARE impressed by both Gears of War 2 and Uncharted. Many of them understand enough about engines to be impressed for DIFFERENT REASONS.

Besides they keep a tight ship, if you post that question you'll get a warning from the moderators - and the thread will be locked so fast it won't even get 5 replies.

Besides do you know enough to understand that "looks better" is =/= to "technically better"

Thats art vs engine design.

P.S what the hell are you getting at with "fanboy numbers" seriously if you're feeling persecuted by people attacking your arguments... wouldn't it be easier on yourself to just not participate?

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Dude: The people from B3D ARE impressed by both Gears of War 2 and Uncharted. Many of them understand enough about engines to be impressed for DIFFERENT REASONS.

Besides they keep a tight ship, if you post that question you'll get a warning from the moderators - and the thread will be locked so fast it won't even get 5 replies.

Besides do you know enough to understand that "looks better" is =/= to "technically better"

P.S what the hell are you getting at with "fanboy numbers" seriously if you're feeling persecuted by people attacking your arguments... wouldn't it be easier on yourself to just not participate?

I was talking about GoW1 as GoW2 is not out yet....It is my understanding that we were all talking about GoW1 correct?

Yes I know looks better != technically better hence the reason why I never tried to dive into which is technically better, only which looks better, and I generally just browse GAF and B3D.

I'm not feeling persecuted or offended or anything, if I did I would definitely take your advice and not participate in the discussions. The fanboys number is just anectodal evidence of what I see in forums, and I still feel that way.

FilaBrasileiro said:
Squilliam said:

I was talking about GoW1 as GoW2 is not out yet....It is my understanding that we were all talking about GoW1 correct?

Yes I know looks better != technically better hence the reason why I never tried to dive into which is technically better, only which looks better, and I generally just browse GAF and B3D.

I'm not feeling persecuted or offended or anything, if I did I would definitely take your advice and not participate in the discussions. The fanboys number is just anectodal evidence of what I see in forums, and I still feel that way.

I was talking about GOW2, since the thread title is - "Has the 360 reached its limits?"

I would say that Uncharted looks artistically better than Gears 1, Gears 2 may or may not... it depends on whether on not they put some colour in. Perhaps a more neutral way of putting it is - Uncharted is considered artisticly superior and technically inferior to GTAIV - PS3.

Don't worry about the fanboys, if they post something don't reply and if they reply to you, don't reply. Pick your targets for discussion. Never argue with the stupid and insane, all they do is drag you down to their level and beat you with experience (unless you want to) . On the other hand NJ5 is probably who I would consider to be one of the most level headed guys on the forum, Like a lot of Zens posts, Starcraft is cool, HappyRodent is cool also but he can get ravenous if you rub him the wrong way Re: "Wii".

So if it bothers anyone about the insane stuff posted sometimes you can A: Ignore it, B: Report it, C: Respond in a logical manner or D: Feed the troll. Options A-C makes a better forum, D can be fun but it drags the whole place down.

Tease.

FilaBrasileiro said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:

I'm not trying to keep a flame post going, so I'll try not to offend with my responses here.

In my opinion, both Uncharted and Gears are mildly over-rated. Neither game has any above average art-style. I'd say they are incomparable. I also believe that anyone who says Uncharted looks better obviously owns a PS3, take that to mean what you will. I'm not here to argue over opinion. I assert that you are probably simply a Sony fan trying to push the PS3's graphical power by pushing your "PS3 exclusives look better" talking point, but lets not kid ourselves, I can't prove it, but everyone knows it obvious, as are many things obvious on these forums that we might feel aren't quite politically correct, so we might not say them. A flame war, which is going on right now, is ugly and rude and doesn't belong on this forum.

FYI, however, I own a PS3 and a 360, I don't own a Wii, and don't think I brought up anything about Nintendo. The two systems are virtually identical graphic-wise, and anyone who takes one systems side over another probaby has alterior fanboy motives. The proper, unbiased answer to Uncharted vs Gears is "I don't know."

Still, since Gears has been out far longer, has more fans, and more people have seen it, there is no doubt that the vast majority of internet graphics whores have touted Gears far more than Uncharted.

I say we end it right here. I'm not gonna respond again, because I don't wanna get in a fight on these forums and risk moderation when in reality nobody but you and I even care about this argument. It's silly, pointless, and laden with "gotcha moments" used to hide what everyone knows, which is that we are both slightly biased towards which console, for whatever reason, we feel is the best. In your case the PS3, in my case the Wii.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I would say yes, the 360 is nearing it's limit, and this game helps show it. The 360 has been on the market over 2 years, developers pretty much got it down, and while sure maybe here and there they might be able to make a texture or two look better, there will be no more game releases on the 360 that make you sit back and say "Wow, that looks awesome!".

You can argue it all you want but that's not going to change the fact that it's true.

I mean it's pretty sad if the most graphically advanced game on the 360 is from over a year ago don't you think?

Username2324 said:
I would say yes, the 360 is nearing it's limit, and this game helps show it. The 360 has been on the market over 2 years, developers pretty much got it down, and while sure maybe here and there they might be able to make a texture or two look better, there will be no more game releases on the 360 that make you sit back and say "Wow, that looks awesome!".

You can argue it all you want but that's not going to change the fact that it's true.

I mean it's pretty sad if the most graphically advanced game on the 360 is from over a year ago don't you think?

Yea and all it takes for a graphically advanced game for the PS3 is MGS4($40million and years of development including delays). As of now 360 has games with better graphics on most multiplats and have a lot of great exclusives that are great graphically. PS3 only has MGS4 and Uncharted and MGS4 is only good cause they took so long to make it. Look GOW2 is already coming out. I bet if they spent the same amount of money and time as MGS4 developers spent I bet they would have made the equal or better game graphics wise. And I think MS developers are looking at developing games for XBLA and for the X-mote so they are expanding and actually like to make a profit and make the game enjoyable. Also CNET showed how 360 games generally look better in multiplats so basically I would like to have most of my games looking better rather than 1-2 like the PS3.