By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Young Adults Prefer Wii, 45+ Prefer PS3

Did the poll even ask if those older people play the console? I highly doubt that its for gaming more like for blue ray i dont mean to dis the PS3 but seriously who do you know over 45 that games?... I know two and i know four people that have a PS3 for the blueray player only.

"Like you know"

Around the Network

not where I live....

All Pols are stupids. If you like a game, 99% people hate, you're supposed to follow the poll? Life must be very boring if a small group decide for everybody. (Remember when the Coca-cola's taste was changed).

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Then the PS3 is the console for grandmothers and grandfathers?

This has to be errored, especially since isn't the Queen playing the Wii along with the Wii being used in retirements homes and treatment?

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

This poll was posted a couple of day's ago and it (and its conclusions) are highly questionable ...

One of the more obvious flaws is the assumption that the PS3 is favoured in the 45+ demographic because a higher percentage of people who own a PS3 are in that demographic. Now consider you have 10 people who own a PS3 and 20% respond that they are 45+, while you have 100 people who own a Wii of which only 10% respond that they're 45+, which system is truely more popular with the 45+ crowd? (Obviously exagerated to demonstrate point)

Previous thread:
http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=30249&start=0

It seems strange to draw conclusions about the Wii from a PS3-X360 study.
Without a lot of information about (a) methods and (b) study population, this information is useless.

Anecdotally, I seem to see a lot of middle-aged people buying or wanting Wiis.
Of course, whether it is for them or their children is another matter.

But it is impossible to conclude much of anything about the accuracy of this research given the lack of information on its methods.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Yea, it's a duplicate of a big piece of crap, please lock this :S

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

All age groups prefer Wii, why? you ask, well because the charts they use are percentile based, and as wii has double the install base of PS3, even if sony's console is at 18% in that age group and Nintendo's at 12%, Wii comes out as the most bought console in that age group at a rate of 4:3.

worst "study" ever !