By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 V.S. Forza 3

rocketpig said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Forza is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to racing games.

GT>Mario Kart>Project Gotham>GRID>DiRT>Midnight Club>Need for Speed>Action Girlz Racing>Forza.

Forza 3 won't even sell as much as GT5 prologue.

On this forum, I've heard lines of shit and then I've really heard lines of shit.

Forza does a ton of stuff right. So does GT. They both have their pluses and they both fail on one level or another.

But calling Forza "bottom of the barrel"? Laughable.

Yet another case of a mod with unmodlike behavior. I have to admit I'm really getting sick of seeing mods trashing other members, aren't you suppose to be the peace keeper?

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

GT>Mario Kart>Project Gotham>GRID>DiRT>Midnight Club>Need for Speed>Action Girlz Racing>Forza.

On this forum, I've heard lines of shit and then I've really heard lines of shit.

Forza does a ton of stuff right. So does GT. They both have their pluses and they both fail on one level or another.

Heh.

You have to have to understand though, I've been partial to the GT franchise ever since the original Ps1 game sparked what has turned into my complete obsession with cars.

Kazunori Yamuachi is a man with a true passion for cars and it shows in his games. The bums behind Forza on the other hand, are just a bunch of guys trying their best (god bless 'em) but failing miserably to capture that magic.

So you see, Forza can never be anything but garbage in my eyes.

MattAAron said:
If I recall correctly, GT5 isn't just about hopping in a car and racing, they go so much further...

(I might be wrong here, so please correct me), You'll be able to go to dealerships internationally, and get any information about a car, they have a whole TV portion where you can view all sorts of video clips (IE: Top Gear episodes), its so much bigger then people think... and so much more then what ive said

if im wrong, let me know :D

Gran Turismo games are one of the most expensive to made, GT4 costed around 90-120 million dollars. This is the reason GT will always be much bigger then Forza, you don't get enough money from bundles which is the reason Forza 2 is close to 4 million.

Username2324 said:
rocketpig said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Yet another case of a mod with unmodlike behavior. I have to admit I'm really getting sick of seeing mods trashing other members, aren't you suppose to be the peace keeper?

Oh, that's right. I'm supposed to ignore stupid comments and let them ride.

I may be a mod but I still have common sense and considering that racers are one of my favorite genres, you can bet that I'll chime in with my opinion whenever I feel it necessary.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

--OkeyDokey-- said:
rocketpig said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

Heh.

You have to have to understand though, I've been partial to the GT franchise ever since the original Ps1 game sparked what has turned into my complete obsession with cars.

Kazunori Yamuachi is a man with a true passion for cars and it shows in his games. The bums behind Forza on the other hand, are just a bunch of guys trying their best (god bless 'em) but failing miserably to capture that magic.

So you see, Forza can never be anything but garbage in my eyes.

See, I love cars. I also love video games. The first simulator I ever played was GT. It was great. As was GT2.

GT3 started to get a little old... Then I played Forza. Wow, look at all the changes and options! It was a miracle!

Then Forza 2 released... If you're a true car fan, you don't align yourself with one stupid videogame and stick by it no matter what. There are other options.

I just try to play the games that deliver the best experience to me, that's all. As it stands right now, GT5 has a lot to live up to compared to Forza 2. The online alone is a huge hurdle for Sony to get over.

If they do it, great. But even the most casual car fan has realized that GT was passed and left in the dust quite some time ago. They have a lot ground to gain and it looks like they're on the right path but until I actually play the game, I'll keep enjoying the time I had with Forza 2.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 5 will sell better and be a better game, the Forza series is good but nothing comes close to Gran Turismo when it comes to realistic driving games.

GT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Forza. Simple really... 

GT5 will sell at least 10M units. It will widen the gap between GT and Forza even further. GT5 will be the most revolutionary driving game since GT1. 

Forza 3 (unless bundled) will struggle to get to 2M.

The GT series has gotten stale since GT3, in comparison to Forza, and the hardcore RACE series which I recently discovered on the PC, GT IS an arcade racer.

Forza gives you the options to play it like GT (less realistic, more arcadey) and gain less reward from races, or up the difficulty / realism and the reward as well. For god knows how long, GT has stuck with the same game and driving mechanics and shoved them down your throat.

Forza is much less limited to GT, GT5 has to first compete with Forza 2 before it can even hope of touching the 3rd.

Oh and by the way this is coming from a long time GT fan who got bored big time with the series, long live GT2! \o/

GT 5 will sell many, many , many more copies than Forza 3.

Jeremy Clarkson loves gran turismo, so basically there is no contest :) http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article552096.ece

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome