By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bungie to announce new project 7/7

JaggedSac said:

Can you post that article please? I keep up fairly well with the goings on of Bungie and I don't recall any statements like that.

EDIT: I did some googling for some info on the topic and came upon this.

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=138348

"UPDATE: When asked whether Bungie would be releasing games for PS3, Wii, and DS in the future, a company rep told Next-Gen: "We haven't really put any serious thought into that at all right now. Typically speaking, that opportunity could exist for us down the road... anything's possible, but it's too early to say. We don't have any dev kits in the building for other platforms. There's nothing like that going on right now."

My bad,I must have remembered wrong.

Around the Network

^^No problem, they do say that they could though.

Something tells me the game is going to be called project 7 or something.

mM
starcraft said:
I want something completely new.

An enormous shooter to help the Xbox 360 compete at next years holiday. That said, its possible Perfect Dark 2 is already in development for that.

i'd rather see them put their efforts into something that is actually completely new, 360 needs it, especially from one of their top exclusive developers

^^I do not think you can call them an exclusive 360 developer

Around the Network
tabsina said:
starcraft said:

An enormous shooter to help the Xbox 360 compete at next years holiday. That said, its possible Perfect Dark 2 is already in development for that.

i'd rather see them put their efforts into something that is actually completely new, 360 needs it, especially from one of their top exclusive developers

I didn't mean Perfet Dark 2 is in development by Bungie.  I meant it could already be in development elsewhere, so Bungie could do something different.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

JaggedSac said:
^^I do not think you can call them an exclusive 360 developer< Microsoft still owns a minority share in the company but Bungie has the ability to develop for whatever they want. Hopefully they will do something besides an fps. They have dabbled in all kinds of genres before and probably will dabble some more. I believe they have several projects in their incubator.

And Sony owns part of SquareEnix but they are still putting games on the Wii, DS, and 360.  As for the mulitplatform comment that might or might not have been, it probably refers to releasing their game on PC at the same time as console, or heres to hope anyways.  I just can't play a FPS on console, my brain just doesn't function that way I guess.

cwbys21 said:
JaggedSac said:
^^I do not think you can call them an exclusive 360 developer. Microsoft still owns a minority share in the company but Bungie has the ability to develop for whatever they want. Hopefully they will do something besides an fps. They have dabbled in all kinds of genres before and probably will dabble some more. I believe they have several projects in their incubator.

And Sony owns part of SquareEnix but they are still putting games on the Wii, DS, and 360. As for the mulitplatform comment that might or might not have been, it probably refers to releasing their game on PC at the same time as console, or heres to hope anyways. I just can't play a FPS on console, my brain just doesn't function that way I guess.

Thank you for re-iterating what I said.

Its late and I misread, my bad. Either way just call it confirmation, in a left handed kind of way.

starcraft said:

yes perfect dark 2 could be in development but i dont think it will be from bungie

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"