By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you miss FFTA on GBA? FFTA is back. FFTA2 IGN review score 9.0

http://ds.ign.com/articles/883/883264p1.html

Closing Comments
It would be nice to get another mature Tactics game like the original, but A2 won me over quickly with its beautiful visuals and deep, strategic gameplay. This is one of those desert island games you'd want with you if you were stranded with nothing to do. Four hundred quests, lots of customization options, and some of the best turn-based strategy around will keep you playing for a long time.

IGN Ratings for Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift (DS)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
10 Presentation
One of the best Japanese to English translations we've seen. The dialogue is well-written, the music is great -- everything has that classic Square Enix polish.
9.0 Graphics
This is a beautiful DS game. The sprites don't come with a lot of animation, but there are lots of flashy special effects and other eye candy. The world of Ivalice has been lovingly crafted.
9.0 Sound
Memorable, epic adventure tunes, with just a hint of electronica.
9.0 Gameplay
It doesn't break any new ground, but the strategy gameplay on offer is rock solid. You'll be hard-pressed to find a deeper game on the DS.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
There's a really impressive amount of content here, and many ways to play the game. 400 quests and loads of customization will keep you playing until the Chocobos come home.
Outstanding

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

I wonder why there isn't any Editors' Choice Award...

Around the Network

I got FFTA for the GBA and I thought I would like it, but it is so incredibly slow. I bought it in anticipation for this, so now I don't know If I'm going to get it.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

I Loved the first one.Might get this one.

FFT was good but the strange story, annoying judge ruling and constant need to go back and defend conquered territory every 5 minutes made me dislike FFTA, I hope they fixed at least some of those issues.

DS lovin' of the best kind.

Around the Network

Good EGM's B B- B- and Nitnedo powers 7/10 had me worried... I'll be playing Dragon Force, Shining Force 3, FFT, Jeanne D'arc, and Disgaea first though

I skip this one though.

I'll have to check this one out eventually. Does anyone know if it has the Square Enix tax? That'll determine how soon I'll get it.

The first FFT was the best (didn't bother with the PSP port). I sort of lost interest in FFTA because it got too easy. There was a point where Marche was killing everything in 1-2 hits. I always said I'd pick it back up...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

I'll pick this up on day 1. I loved fft. I'm hoping they have some new jobs and that they are good. I didn't like the judges (sadly they are returning) though.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

On my wanted list :)

From that, it seemed a bit shallow compared to other titles (I prefer a real SRPG), but could be cool anyway.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS