By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

I think you people who put FF7 on their list are CRAZY.Even if you think it doesn't deserve it's praise,it still is better than your average Jrpg.You all act like it's the worst rpg ever to exsist./Rant

Around the Network
*bleu-ocelot* said:
I think you people who put FF7 on their list are CRAZY.Even if you think it doesn't deserve it's praise,it still is better than your average Jrpg.You all act like it's the worst rpg ever to exsist./Rant

It gets bonus points for wrecking one of the stalwarts of the RPG community. When a series is going great.... and then suddenly takes a step back in every direction... then falls off the map quality wise. The first game of decline is going to get hated on a bit more.

Also i actually would rate it alone below average as far as JRPGs go.

I'd rather be playing dissed games such as Suikoden 4, Wild Arms 3, 7th Saga, EVO: Search for Eden and Robotrek.

I've owned FF7 3 times too... so i know what i'm talking about, it's not like I played it for 5 minutes and gave up. Heck it's why i got the playstation.

It's about dead even with Chrono Cross on my RPG list. Both games had the same problems actually...

-Plot that took too long to develop, but then threw everything at you at the last second.

-That plot didn't end up making any sense either (worse in chrono cross as it didn't understand time travel correctly and really overreached to draw a connection to the game.... and just really reached in general.)

-Characters dull, lifeless, underdeveloped.

- Combat taking a step backwords. (Though at least Chrono Cross tried something new instead of just making the old system worse.

eh i'll stop there... It's to late to get fully into it.

Still both were better then Final Fantasy 2. Which could of been amazing and changed every JRPG after it... but they didn't playtest the leveling enough.... there was one main difference between Chrono Cross and FF7 though.  One had a MASSIVE marketing budget.

Star Ocean 3. I loved the original and SO2. Then 3 came along and I liked it too. When I got to the part when it explained the WHOLE SO universe was a mmo...that did it for me. I still enjoyed playing the game, but the entire series seems almost useless now. The story was useless. They should fix the story by just making it non-cannon.

Question: Why should we care about SO4 if the characters are not even real in their own damn game?

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

i have to say sonic on game cube ruined the whole series

Around the Network

id have to say the same one like you

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

FFVII is one of the greatest games of all time... and you know it!.. well, the +100.000 members of GameFAQs know it, they voted it the greatest game of all time, the Famitsu readers know it, Gamespot knows it, IGN knows it, I know it... but somehow there are still some people around who think it's cool to bash FFVII.. get a life..

''Hadouken!''

Viper1 said:
Top Gear
Turok
Casltevania (console only)
Contra (console only)
Street Fighter (yeah, you heard me)

Crazyness... STF3 is the best one and ALpha is great too. Marvel VS Capcom is great...which one ruied it for you?

I vote for Breath of Fire.. what the hell happened with BoF V?......

''Hadouken!''

Final Fantasy
Sonic
Turok
Unreal Tournament
MegamanX
Megaman Battle Network
Devil May Cry
King of Fighters
Metal Slug
Lufia

Prediction:
Disney will make KH3 with Nintendo.Yes,KH3 will be a Disney/Nintendo crossover.

Save the industry,Kill a Hardcore gamer

Stopped buying Ubisoft games.Will not buy Red Steel 2.Let them struggle on HD. Click here for a solution:CLICK
ALERT: I have also exposed a UBI'Z'OFT viral marketer in THIS thread.Read my posts, see the set up and watch how everything crumbles on page 8. Please learn from this experience.