By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What game series you used to enjoy, until their was a bad sequel

Sonic the hedgehog. Liked the 1st, LOVED the 2d, enjoyed the 3d and "sonic and knuckles"...then Sonic adventure came and since then it went downhill. I hope "Unleaashed" fixes that but I really doubt it.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy with VII... but IX saved it a bit :P

Paper Mario 1 & 2 were good, but the 3rd one... not so much
Sonic is another one, I still love sonic after all these years
and Mario Party, the 5th was the worst one imo

Yep, NFS games are terrible now, they were one of my favorite series.
Mortal Kombat was great until 3, the rest was rubbish.
Crash bandicoot.
Spyro.
Megaman battle network.
Sonic.
Dragon's Lair.
Fifa.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Tomb Raider was cool. By the time part 3 came around, that horse was beaten to death. Tomb Raider Legend made me believe again, though. I'm really looking forward to the next gen version.

Contra was a cool series too. Unfortunately, Konami tried to make a PS1 version. I never played a Contra game since.

Around the Network

Sonic, Crash, Spyro, i used to love those series until the crappy sequels came :(

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Final Fantasy. Used to be as close to a Square fanboy as i was a fanboy of anything. Basically would buy something Square just because it was made by them.

Liked it all too. Till FF7.

Sonic... T.T
and mario party

Mario Party

By the time Sonic & Knuckles was released, I was a true blue fan. Anything Sonic was gold, I had the action figures, the comic books, the fast food toy series, etc. However, with the release of Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic took to a very different route, one that I didn't understand.

You may now notice that I now own the N64, GCN, and Wii. The reason: Sonic's downfall. I really wasn't a Sega fan, just a rabbid Sonic one.

I'm still awaiting his return to greatness. Maybe, just maybe, Unleashed will deliver *crosses fingers for the Nth time*.