By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Street Fighter is the best?

Well Guys, with Street Fighter IV coming out in the winter (it better!) and hopefully it will be the Best Street Fighter Ever.. but that's a discussion for in the future..

Now let's look back at the old games and decide which Street Fighter is the best!

For me it was Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the ps1

with the different ISM modes, a lot of characters, and the best gameplay..

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was all about tactics, because the special moves weren't as strong as in it's prequels it meant your normal attacks were as useable as the special ones.. It gave way for a faster gameplay. And with a lot of different characters to chose from depending on your own fighting style it IS THE ULTIMATE Street fighter!!

And Ken Masters was in his best form ever.. Never liked him in the Street Fighter 2 series but since this game I'm always playing as Ken..

Series: Alpha>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ex (those were horrible)

What's your choice?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

Plain old SNES Street Fighter 2 was the best. Best balance, timing and gameplay. It was simply sublime.

Everything they added after that point took something else away.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I know many people will burn me for this, but my favorite is Street Fighter Alpha 2. Custom Combos ftw!

NiKKoM said:

Well Guys, with Street Fighter IV coming out in the winter (it better!) and hopefully it will be the Best Street Fighter Ever.. but that's a discussion for in the future..

Now let's look back at the old games and decide which Street Fighter is the best!

For me it was Street Fighter Alpha 3 for the ps1

with the different ISM modes, a lot of characters, and the best gameplay..

Street Fighter Alpha 3 was all about tactics, because the special moves weren't as strong as in it's prequels it meant your normal attacks were as useable as the special ones.. It gave way for a faster gameplay. And with a lot of different characters to chose from depending on your own fighting style it IS THE ULTIMATE Street fighter!!

And Ken Masters was in his best form ever.. Never liked him in the Street Fighter 2 series but since this game I'm always playing as Ken..

Series: Alpha>2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ex (those were horrible)

What's your choice?

You took the words right outta my mouth, Alpha 3 as he best, I even got the PSP verson now too, I also liked Capcom Vs SNK 2 for the PS2 (does that count as a street fighter game?) the animations were far better than any other 2D fighter at the time and, like alpha 3 had plenty of modes for replay value.

ikilledkenny said:
I know many people will burn me for this, but my favorite is Street Fighter Alpha 2. Custom Combos ftw!

I have the SNES version of Alpha 2.. Man that brings back memories.. It was released in 1996 & was the last great SNES game made..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

street fighter 2 turbo for the snes.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

I'm going to say Street Fighter Alpha 3.

Alpha 3, hands down.
I was never a big SF2 fan, but when the Alpha series came out, they got me. And it was one better than the other.

They should scrap that SF4 and release SFA4. That'd be awesome!

Street Fighter 2 Turbo, all the coolest characters, same retro gameplay from SF2 only with added speed and some new moves.

I'm going to say Street Fighter 2 because aside from maybe daytona and initial D, it has eaten most of my dollar coins at the arcade.

Isn't there a top 10 on Gametrailers about fighting games? I think SF3 3rd strike was no.1

AND, I'm not usually nitpicky about correct wording (lord knows I'm not a master of the english language) but doesn't prequel mean: Occurs chronologically earlier in the story but was created at a later time in the real world?