By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGO - Body Damage Debate..

I started an argument elsewhere about the 'massive' amounts of body damage one can take in MGO without dying.

Frankly, It beginning to be a drag on the game to me, sneaking behind a guy who is crouching, and aiming an M4 (or any gun for that matter) and dispatching 3-5 shells of hot lead into his torso should be a kill.

Dropping what seems like a full clip (or enough to kill a small rhino) into him and having him either:

1 - run away

2 - I run out of rounds after like 12 shots, reload, while he turns around and fires off a lucky one shot that hits me in the face, killing me

3 - me firing a clip alerts his team where I am, and they kill me

So now I spend all my time aiming for the head, which is so not realistic, while all other aspects of the game are quite good at being true to life. 

3-4 rounds out of even the smallest sub-machine gun will drop 99% of men if it hits them in the chest / back / torso.

So, my question, what is your opinion on damage in terms of body shots? (they got head shots right, one and done, but I think the body should be like 5 max) 

PSN: TheGodofWine (Warhawk / R2 / MotorStorm PR)

AND

PSN: Skigazzi (for KZ2 and future games)

Around the Network

Body shots in that game suck. I was forced to adapt my play style and as a result, 3/4 of my kills are headshots.

I have literally unloaded two clips into a moron "hiding" from point blank range and he didn't die.

Body damage is completely out of whack in this game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

GodofWine said:

3-4 rounds out of even the smallest sub-machine gun will drop 99% of men if it hits them in the chest / back / torso.

I like how this is expressed as if from personal experience!   I just set up my account on MGO I haven't really played it yet, other then a practice session, and I too was surprised by how many shots a guy took before dying, and of course one head shot and bam! your dead. This on my 360 is what turned me off to Halo and turned me on to Call of Duty 4, call of duty is offically the most popular online fps, and in big part due to quick kills. It keeps the games moving and it's more rewarding to a larger array of people, like those who hide and work a hard strategy. With this system, any idiot with really good aim could frolick around the board and just spin around when attacked win a gun battle just because he's had a retarded amount of practice aiming. It completely ruins all the other game mechanics in my opinion. I hated this in Halo, I'd spot a guy and start firing away at him and he'd turn around and kill me, it's just annoying. Or the really annoying idiots who master sticky grenades they see you and stick you instintly, I'm not a bad gamer, but I can't get better at Halo because it only rewards one kind of strategy, one I'm not so good at. So I'm dreading this on MGO, but nonetheless I'll report back when I try a few rounds.

rocketpig said:
Body shots in that game suck. I was forced to adapt my play style and as a result, 3/4 of my kills are headshots.

I have literally unloaded two clips into a moron "hiding" from point blank range and he didn't die.

Good...Im not alone / crazy.

I guess this why Im looking forward to SOCOM. 

AND

GodofWine said:
rocketpig said:

Good...Im not alone / crazy.

I guess this why Im looking forward to SOCOM.

Ditto. Warhawk just didn't draw me in and MGO is pretty mediocre overall IMO.

Here's hoping that SOCOM kicks ass.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I learned this very quickly almost all my shooting is now aimed at heads. I am still enjoying the game but a patch to sort this would improve it.

Yea, the game is a headshot fest, aim high or get owned.

Oh, Warhawk sucked me in totally, I just can see it dying off in the next 6 months with SOCOM, MGO, R2, KZ2...

AND

glad i am a sniper BOOM HEADSHOT lol

Incert Witty Comment on how i'm a fanboy of all systems including PC here.

Another problem I have is that MGS is largly about stealth, but it is pretty hard to sneak up on people in 3rd person with a free rotating camera.