By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 to beat PS2 LTD sales says sony

Sony's been saying a lot lately.

If PS3 is to outsell its predecessor, surely Wii will then sell over 300 million.. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

No even Wii can't surpass PS2.

NSS7 said:
No even Wii can't surpass PS2.

Why is that? It's on track to. All I think it needs to do is have the same life span or somewhere close.

u seriously think that PS3 will sale over 130 million??? ya right

This is all completely reasonable and I appreciate Reeves' approach this time.

First, Reeves is the head of SCEE: this sales analysis refers to Europe, where the PS3 genuinely is selling at a very strong clip. Second, I appreciate his handling of the Wii: not dismissive, appreciative of industry success, but with the recognition that both the Wii and PS3 are succeeding in Europe.

Again, this isn't unreasonable.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

I seriously doubt the WW ps2 figures will be caught by the ps3...especially with the ps2 still selling decently

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

wii is competition to them now?
but what are they smoking lol

thekitchensink:

Dude your argument holds no ground,

Blu Ray only emerged victorious over HD DVD this past January. That means that it has not even been the definite successor of DVD9s for a year yet. When the Playstation 2 came with a DVD player, it was completely understood that DVD's were going to replace VHS. Blu Ray has just won the format war and the next two - five years will see a huge movement towards HDTVS and Players. I repeat myself, every major executive in Sony has stated that the success of the PS3 depends on the success of Blu Ray. The console was out for a year and a half with a price tag of almost 700 dollars WITHOUT people being sure that Blu Ray would eventually win. Blu Ray technology WILL take over DVD's and Sony, not just Playstation, will be at the front of HD distribution. PS3s are going to fly off the shelves when HD becomes standard and prices are dropped.

Your prediction says that the Wii will sell more than 150 million units. My prediction is that the Wii is like when Scooters or Yoyos or any other fad that has been around. The console does not give you anything that is truly next generation other than the controller. The Playstation 2 had atleast a 6-8 year lifespan...the Wii will be outdated by 2010 at most. The lack of third party support and creative designing just shows where that is headed. I'm sorry but if you plan on still playing the Wii in 2012 you are one

leo-j said:

Dude according to the weekly sales the ps3 is still behind the ps2, if we align them vgchartz indicates that the PS3 is selling worst than the ps2 and is growing slower, switch it around to weekly sales, I find it very  wierd.

I seriously doubt SCEE is lying.

Do you remember that old argument about shipped vs sold, pr spin, and other things like that???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."