By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 a faster money sink than the Xbox? I can see why no price cuts soon.

NJ5 said:

@DirtyP2002:

Fact: According to your total numbers for each platform, this generation would see less consoles sold than the last. What's the reason for that drop in the console market?

Hint: The Wii will sell much more than you think in the end. 80 million will be attained in the first half of 2010, the Wii will keep selling well after that.

well.... no...

Last Gen:

Xbox 24 Million

GameCube: 21 Million

PS2: 120 Million

Total: 165 Million

My prediction:

360: 40 Million

Wii 80 - 90 Million

PS3: 50 Million

Total: 170 - 180 Million

Check your math.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
NJ5 said:

@DirtyP2002:

Fact: According to your total numbers for each platform, this generation would see less consoles sold than the last. What's the reason for that drop in the console market?

Hint: The Wii will sell much more than you think in the end. 80 million will be attained in the first half of 2010, the Wii will keep selling well after that.

well.... no...

Last Gen:

Xbox 24 Million

GameCube: 21 Million

PS2: 120 Million

Total: 165 Million

My prediction:

360: 40 Million

Wii 80 - 90 Million

PS3: 50 Million

Total: 170 - 180 Million

Check your math.

Oops... I obviously miscalculated, but don't forget the PS2 is still selling around 100k per week which in the end would likely make the generations about equal according to your numbers.

In any case, I still think you're underestimating the growth of the console market.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957