By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What you should be looking forward to instead of more crappy minigames...

Woot.

Around the Network

Way to soil the name of che guevara with a guy who is the total symbol of capitalism lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Geez, I get the one person who actualy knows something about anything...

Pretty funny that you can get more out of a bunch of French students on a game than you can out of a 'developer'. Talking about Sadness.

ampillion said:
Pretty funny that you can get more out of a bunch of French students on a game than you can out of a 'developer'. Talking about Sadness.

Well let's wait and see...this project could just "disappear" after a while for all we know.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Looks amazing. Nintendo should step up and grab the publishing license so they can ensure exclusivity remaining on their consoles.

You also have to remember, when you're an independent, your best bet is to show off as much as possible, in hopes that a publishing company sees what you have to offer, becomes interested, and decides to finance you.

Much like ProjectOffset. When they started, they had a bunch of videos of their engine running. Now, they've licensed their engine and are creating a game, and I haven't heard a peep from them in a long time.

http://www.projectoffset.com - if you want to take a peek at what an independent team did to get noticed.

BenKenobi88 said:
ampillion said:

Well let's wait and see...this project could just "disappear" after a while for all we know.

True. But what I'm saying is we've seen more about this than has ever been shown about Sadness, outside of it's little FMV trailer thing, I don't think anything new has come of it. At least this you could take to a developer and say 'Hey, we've got a game.'

ampillion said:
BenKenobi88 said:
ampillion said:

True. But what I'm saying is we've seen more about this than has ever been shown about Sadness, outside of it's little FMV trailer thing, I don't think anything new has come of it. At least this you could take to a developer and say 'Hey, we've got a game.'

It's because these guys want to show what they've done, companies hold back till they can show something 'good' and still fail at it...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Well, they have heart just like the guys who are making Sadness. The problem is, without a publisher these games do tend to disappear.