By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What you should be looking forward to instead of more crappy minigames...

Found out about this on Neogaf, a game made by French students specifically for the Wii and it looks very interesting, it's called Capucine.

Here is the premise behind the game as explained on the site:

The main intention is to offer a quiet and disturbing gaming experience where the player explores the surroundings and solves riddles. During the adventure, we want the player to be fascinated by the world he discovers. We also want him to become attached to the main character. The gameplay and the interface must be easy to understand but not simplistic, in order to create an optimal immersion.

Capucine is based on four fundamental principles:
  • Give life rather than take it.
  • A unique gameplay element: the beam of light.
  • Build your own path.
  • The player creates his own enemies.

Screens:

Trailer:

http://www.capucinethegame.com/videos/capucine_trailer.MOV

Don't knock the graphics cause it is a low budget project and is still being worked on. The gameplay mechanics and the ideas are really cool and it might end up being a really enjoyable game if it is released.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Looks intriguing, got any other info besides what's on their site? Haven't picked up any other news on this game anywhere.

No info at all, it doesn't even have a publisher yet so could end up not even getting released, hopefully a publisher takes a chance with it finances it some more so they can improve the graphics further even though the art direction is very nice...

Looks interesting always like ‘offbeat’ games

"disturbing"? I'm interested.

If they could get more support, it could turn into a full game with a wide release...here's hoping for that.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

This looks great. Thanks for posting, ckmlb.

As I'm watching and thinking of the puzzles, it reminded me entirely of the King's Quest series, and I loved those. Adventure games like that need to make a serious comeback. Here's to hoping!

Dolla Dolla said:
This looks great. Thanks for posting, ckmlb.

As I'm watching and thinking of the puzzles, it reminded me entirely of the King's Quest series, and I loved those. Adventure games like that need to make a serious comeback. Here's to hoping!

The puzzle where you move the leaves to make a bridge really shows the kind of stuff that can be done in the game, using the light beam to move plantlife to find your way and such is really interesting and using the wiimote as a flashlight would work great.

Wow! This looks very interesting and original... It's weird, mysterious and gets me curious about it. Looks nice for a low budget game... Can't wait to get more info!

This is the type of title that we can only hope sees the light of day.

XBOX LIVE Gamertag: QuantumTarntno

Crackdown - Enchanted Arms - Oblivion - Samurai Warriors 2 - GRAW - GRAW2 -Lost Planet - Guitar Hero 2 - Star Trek Legacy - Double Agent - WWE 2007

Wii 4237-4425-6442-7626

Mario Party 8 - Rayman Raving Rabbids - Excite Truck - Zelda: Twilight Princess - Godfather - Wii Play

Looks like it could be cool, I hope they find a publisher.