By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Battlefield bad Company... I am trading in Halo 3 and CoD4 towards it.

I can buy it outright but after playing the demo and considering how HUGE of a fanboy i was of Battlefield 2 why bother deluding myself. Untile they make another perfect dark I'm not gonna play another shooter.

The demo confirmed all i had hoped for. This was just as good as BF2, but with all the benefits of a console, and the destructability only made it more fun. My taste may be different from most but some people may agree with me. To those people I AM your support guy. I heal your ank and you and rape people with machine guns. GOTTA LOVE the mortar strike too. Gotta love ALL the new things like the single bomb strike for Recon and the health injector for assault.

I have only one complaint for the whole thing (although i havent played the full yet) No P90. My favorite gun of all time gets snubbed this time. Maybe it'll be in an expansion. Also the grappling hooks, gas guns, and ziplines would be a nice add-on when they release the expansion pack that they will certainly release cause the preliminary hype shows this WILL be the best selling FPS of the summer. Killzone 2 need not apply if PS3 version is as good as 360.

Also the humor is good. Got more laughs from the demo then a whole game worth of "american tee tee" jokes in GTA4.

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

Around the Network

Better than CoD! I am not sure

Myahon said:

(...) This was just as good as BF2, but with all the benefits of a console (...)

Are you saying you like aiming with Dual analogs? Having bought Halo 3 in the cheap just to try it out, I'd rather have a tooth pulled out...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I'd say your assumptions of it selling more than Killzone 2 this summer are 100% correct.. Considering Killzone 2 won't be out this summer (or this year perhaps)

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

May not be a good idea. I'm not too sold on the visibility except the problem is only in the PS3 version lol. In COD4, you can see the enemy from any distance. In battlefield, its sometimes hard to see enemies that are close by

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Suspense304 said:
I'd say your assumptions of it selling more than Killzone 2 this summer are 100% correct.. Considering Killzone 2 won't be out this summer (or this year perhaps)

Sony officially said that Killzone 2 is coming out February of 2009, they announced this some time back, odd that you don't know by now.

jake_the_fake1 said:
Suspense304 said:

Sony officially said that Killzone 2 is coming out February of 2009, they announced this some time back, odd that you don't know by now.

I did know that by now.. I just couldn't remember which game was coming first R2 or KZ2 (I get them mixed up and didn't care to check before i posted) my point still remains valid to the OP.

If perferring the PS3 over the 360 makes me a fanboy.. I guess I am guilty..

List of 360 Games I would like to have: Alan Wake

List of PS3 Games I would like to have: LBP, FFXIII(if it ever comes), R2(maybe)

List of Wii Games I would like to have: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (It's not an exclusive but it would be awesome)

NJ5 said:
Myahon said:

(...) This was just as good as BF2, but with all the benefits of a console (...)

Are you saying you like aiming with Dual analogs? Having bought Halo 3 in the cheap just to try it out, I'd rather have a tooth pulled out...

I, for one, like aiming with dual analogs. It's not quite as intuitive as using a mouse, but the differences between the two are greatly exaggerated, mostly by PC gamers who tried dual analog one time and didn't bother to even try getting used to it.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Suspense304 said:

Can't say I agree. Killzone 2 will sell more because of massive marketing, hype and it will get great reviews

Garcian Smith said:
NJ5 said:
Myahon said:

I, for one, like aiming with dual analogs. It's not quite as intuitive as using a mouse, but the differences between the two are greatly exaggerated, mostly by PC gamers who tried dual analog one time and didn't bother to even try getting used to it.

I did try getting used to it. Personally, I think the learning curve is much higher, while in the end you won't be as fast as with a mouse. Dual analogs only have disadvantages vs a mouse or the Wii remote (in terms of aiming), or am I missing something?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957