By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gameplayer was@Too Human event lastnight(Too Human might turn out like Haze

If this game sucks, it will get pretty ugly around here. Many PS3 fans are waiting to avenge the Lair and Haze beatings they received.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

This title has never really looked very promising in my opinion. Early videos showed terrible AI, buggy gameplay and distinctly mediocre graphics.

For the sake of gaming, I hope it's not a flop.

But I have my doubts.

Personally I never had high expectations for Too Human ...

The game switched development from the Playstation to the N64, then to the Gamecube, then to the XBox, and finally to the XBox 360, it has been in development for over 10 years ... I don't think I have ever heard of a game that turned out to be half decent that had nearly as bizzare of a development lifecycle.

Even if the game does turn out to be a disappointment. The bright side for me is that now I will only have too choose between ToV and IU as the next RPG I play after Lost Odyssey

Lafiel said:

@ Gotcha )

Hmm.. the controlls seem a bit strange going by the description they gave of them in the article, so I'm not sure whether or not Diablo2 gamers really can get into this game, but anyway .. I hope it turns out well, for I like the guys at Sillicon Knights

btw nice "Howl's Moving Castle" Avatar, I love the movie and Calcifer

Well, I have also concerns with the control. I wonder if using the sticks to hit is the best for that type of game, but I suppose that if they are using that control scheme they've made sure it works fine. It shares things from Diablo that I love like the skill tree, the random items with funny names or hundreds of enemies to battle. I hope it also shares some of the quality of Diablo 2.

Calcifer ftw xD

Around the Network

Starcraft has brain damage I believe...

I was actually hoping this game would turn out good too. It looked pretty cool conceputal wise. It would not at all surprise me if it was another Lair/Haze though.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Spartan -

You have to admit that your title is a bit misleading. It is a statement implying that Too Human might turn out like Haze. A statement implies something. The article just asks a question about where the game is headed -- in this case they used Haze, but could have used Lair or any other game on any console that was highly anticipated and failed to deliver (there are lots). There were lots of positive things said about the game but one reviewer clearly didn't like it. I'm looking forward to the game as I do love me some hack-n-slash RPG... I think I'll wait until a final build is reviewed by and handful of mags and look at the meta before I pass judgement.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

dbot said:
If this game sucks, it will get pretty ugly around here. Many PS3 fans are waiting to avenge the Lair and Haze beatings they received.

The difference is, PS3 owners hyped those games.  You should have seen what used to happen to me when I suggested Haze would later come to the 360..........

On the other hand, Sony fans have been assuring me for months that this game will bomb, because it has "absolutely zero hype."

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This game has all the tell tale signs of failure. Lack of info after showing in game playable stuff. Countless delays spanning multiple systems. Drama between Epic and SK playing a finger pointing game, shows frustration on SK end. Sure you can say they switched engines, yadayadayada but this game is going to flop.

Regardless of trying to point out the tiniest bit of "cherry picking" or some other idiot 4 year old phrase, step back and just accept this game has a 5% chance of being good based on everything thats happened in its lifetime.

Ummm, I think these guys are not looking at the game correctly and neither are you.

If you refer to the Joystick hands on, gamespot hands on, IGN hands on, etc they all have good things to say about this game. For example, http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/20/gdc08-hands-on-with-too-human/

I will agree that having 2 player co-op isnt as good as 4 players but at the same time, I think this game will still be amazing.

I have been awaiting it for a long time and have followed development since it was announced for the 360.